PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
PPCGeeks Skinstudio for Desktop (WIP)

For those that have used my TDial Designer to make skins for the HTC Touch Dialer, you might be interested in my new project as well.

PPCGeeks Skinstudio (just what I'm calling it at the moment) will include a designer for WM5 and 6 themes as well as TDial Designer. There's no download available yet beyond the standalone TDial, but I'd like to hear any ideas any of you would like to see that were left out of theme designers in the past. Or even problems you may have had with their interfaces, etc.

I want to make this something that everyone can use.

Last edited by tiermann; 10-06-2007 at 10:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

synaptyc is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
I am totally on board for this one.
You do great work Tiermann. Every release of the TDial Designer amazes me.
I have had ZERO technical issues with TDial, and have used every release.
I can't wait to see the SkinStudio in action! I am sure it will be a hit too!
~Syn
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sounds cool. I've played around briefly with the Microsoft Theme Generator and I can't wait to see what you come up with. If I have any input I'll post again. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Nice!

Not sure what you are using as a base, but I use ThemeGenCE and it works, but the navigation is pretty crappy. I think something like that wold be nice for all users.

If you need testers, let me know as I would be happy to test.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
I love it. Please post a demo!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Patience, geeks

So far the only thing that is usable is TDial which is already available. Once the WM5/6 themer is up and running I'll post that as a download for anyone interested. I still have a bit to go as it needs to be able to package everything up into a cab (tsk) file as well as give you a preview of your theme. The preview is going to be the hardest because I need to get as close to what WM5 and 6 will actually do with the color choices as i can.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:40 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I have played around with all the popular them gens and got bored with the navigation just a pain to get around, so a nice simple user interface would be great. I am excited about your interest in making this I know you have been a great contributor to the Geeks and this will live up to your past history of great stuff. Count me in I will be monitoring your progress on this and I look forward to a long list of tiermann generated themes. I am also available for any Bata testing if you need it.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
wow, what a great idea!!! I'll be checking this site out more often to catch your updates!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touc pro
Carrier: sprint

shaakezula is just getting started
cant wait to see this..ive tried several theme gens and can never get the landscape correct even with the extended theme gen apps..
Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell

trehouse is just getting started
Tiermann, one thing which doesn't work well on other programs is the colors at the top and bottom bars (base hue?) in WM5 and 6. They seem to be off color or revert on a soft reset if you can get em to change. Perhaps your program can help that issue.

Anyways, can't wait to see what you come up with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software