PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best music player?

I've tried about 15 of them and still didn't find anything decent. I'm looking for one where can choose many folders to play, or one folders with many subfolders. Let's say I have 100 folders of different albums, but most of the players just let you choose one folder to play, and it's terrible if you have a lot of music. The closest player I found is Nitrogen, however it doesn't support songs with different names than English and when it plays the music, it doesn't have the whole list of music. You can't just go and choose from all the songs, you can only access albums. If you ever used Windows Media Player you will understand what I mean. You can go to "All Music" you see all the songs on your PC, not just albums or folder but the songs. Then if you press "Play" the song will start playing and if you click "Now Playing", you are back to the window with all the songs, so you can choose anyone to play from the list. Thus far I haven't found one music player which would be able to do the same. The big problem I have with Windows Media Player is that is would not play so many of the songs. For example if I press "Now Playing" and choose a song, press play, it will start playing ANOTHER song but not the one I chose. Sorry the post is so long guys...
Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam
Re: Best music player?

Windows Media Players annoys me with that too. Only happens with playlists though.
You might want to try S2P. Its good but it seems to show the actual file name (crackheadfagtard.mp3) instead of the name of the song (Sound Off). Not a problem if all your files are named right or you don't care.

Edit: I just got Pocket Player and if you have a little money to spare ignore what I said above and Get Pocket Player Now. Its the one music player not missing anything.

Last edited by Unaufhaltsam; 09-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond with Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Telia

owziee is just getting started

Pocket Player is very good, I have it installed aswell... But I can hear a big difference in audio quality compared to the TF3D player. TF3D audio player has much better sound!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
...Get Pocket Player Now. Its the one music player not missing anything.
...though, it sometimes has slow downs and occasionally hickups! What I like best about PP is that its gapless playback actually works, that its skin is quite user definable (can show playlist and song art on same screen) and that its Album browser is flexible enough to be set up for my singles oriented mindset:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

planoleg is a n00b

Thank you a lot! I tried Pocket Player and it's really nice.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

It's a bit of a resource hog (and a little pricey), but Kinoma Play is tough to beat.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

Agreed. Kinoma works best with custom (ie "lite") ROMs. I only use the free version, though just looking at the benefits of the paid version, I can say it would be worth the cost, if you've got the extra $30 to put down.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software