PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Anyone else hate the windows 6.5.1 / Touchflo3d look?

i applaud microsofts attemp to really give windows mobile a facelift with the oversized bottom bar with better graphics, but i cant help notice that it does not do touchflo3d any justice regarding the look and feel of the homescreen. The bottom bar is basically the same size as the slider and it really takes focus away from it making it not mesh well and give it a uncomfortable, cramped look to it. am i the only one who feels this way? i fear for the leo manila roms coming soon and that most likely the cooks will want to use the latest wm builds.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Anyone else hate the windows 6.5.1 / Touchflo3d look?

Unless you're running your phone as a pocket PVR, hooked up to your TV, (as I do), the "focus" of what you are doing on screen will not be an issue in normal usage. Normal usage is only the owner of the phone, and nobody will know. As long as you don't hook it up to an external video source, you only have to deal w/ your own mind. Even then, it is common practice to use the phone screen until you reach a point that it is reasonable to transistion to a large screen display. As a normal user, as long as you know what you're doing, who cares?
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-22-2009, 02:36 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i actually really like the direction ms is going in. they should have done this 5 years ago.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i actually really like the direction ms is going in. they should have done this 5 years ago.
Windows 7 RTM v Windows Vista RTM v Windows XP SP3. v Windows 2000 Professional RTM v Windows NT4 SP6A. Skip a generation, and you see significant changes. However, the differece between XP SP3 and Win 7 RTM are miniscule, (even w/ no hardware changes. (BFD, you can search from the start menu, and you lose real directory listings, and instead have gradual changes that are unnoticeable from one generation to the next, (AND need to skip 1 generation so you see any difference).
Old 09-22-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

theclerk74 is keeping up the good worktheclerk74 is keeping up the good work

I noticed it too. I guess the more I use it, the less I really think about it though. It makes it look maybe a little... Lop-sided. And they do kind of clash. A widget type home screen would be perfect. all the functionality of Manila without the bottom slider. I've tried so many home screens, and still keep coming back to Manila. And with the 2.5 port hopefully just around the corner, it just keeps getting better to me. Hopefully someone will be quick to make a mod that hides the bottom slider in portrait like the way it is in landscape for 2.5.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Anyone else hate the windows 6.5.1 / Touchflo3d look?

Isn't TouchFlo3D something HTC came up with and Windows Mobile 6.5.1 a purely Microsoft endeavour ? Why then would you expect them to work well together ? I think you should be comparing WM6.5.1 with Titanium rather than TF3D, as Microsoft is not designing WM6.5.1 for any third party apps/mods to the interface.

Just my 2c

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software