PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

igl007 is keeping up the good workigl007 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to igl007 Send a message via AIM to igl007 Send a message via MSN to igl007 Send a message via Yahoo to igl007 Send a message via Skype™ to igl007
Sync folders on PC AND Windows Mobile?

Hi,
So here's what I want to do:
I have a folder on my pc with files in it. I want that to sync that with a Cloud storage type system online. Then I want a folder on my Touch Pro 2 to sync with that online folder. Now I know what your thinking and before you flame me with stuff like dropbox, sugarsync, mesh, myphone etc... they can't do that. They sync from pc to online just fine, but then on the tp2 I have to navigate to the web to retrieve files, or with sugarsync there is an app to install and I can load the app and download the files to a folder that way. I don't want to do that. I want a folder to always stay sync'd. I've search all over and can't find that kind of functionality. This would be real handy in a scenario where i need to constantly sync 5 or more phones together with multiple pc's. I don't want to tell the user, ok go to www.getdropbox.com or load this or load that...
I hope I am just missing something and it does exsist.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sync folders on PC AND Windows Mobile?

Live Mesh does exactly what you are talking about. Just leave it running if you need it constantly updated rather than just when you run it. That is the exact purpose of Live Mesh...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to igl007 Send a message via AIM to igl007 Send a message via MSN to igl007 Send a message via Yahoo to igl007 Send a message via Skype™ to igl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Live Mesh does exactly what you are talking about. Just leave it running if you need it constantly updated rather than just when you run it. That is the exact purpose of Live Mesh...
Unless i missed something, then it only works that way if your able to install mesh and sign in on your phone. I didnt think they were accepting anymore ppl for testing on mobile devices. I installed it and checked just to see. Without this, your forced to grab files from the web.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bump

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software