PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: App To Send Fax Via Your PPC?

I'm surprised more people haven't heard of qipit. I use it to piss my boss off by faxing things to him all the time!

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I'm surprised there is no application that can use the cellular radio to fax things.

One time I was able to send a fax using the "phone as modem" Bluetooth profile.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I've successfully sent 3 faxes using qipit, from my TP.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

O nothing happened when I tried qipit, anyone have a run down on how to get it to work.

This is what I did tell me where I went wrong.

Took a picture of a document, using mms, I entered my email address in the body of the message then I sent it to Copy@qipit.com then I waited and nothing happened.

EDIT: also tried to email it to copy@qipit.com...nothing. My phone status is active on their website, so I dont know what the deal is...hope I can get some help.

Last edited by TREmp77; 09-27-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It works for me on email, but not MMS. No biggie, I'm an email guy more than an MMS guy, as long as one way works. Haven't tried it with a fax yet, but it shows up in my account and emails it okay, so hopefully fax will work too
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i have to fax things for work so once i getta chance to fax something im gonna use it
Old 10-04-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

smellEdawg is just getting started

faxaway.com
Old 10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I use Qipit all the time. qipit.com. you take a picture of the document and ,assuming you have a decent camera, it will make a really good-looking pdf of whatever you tooka pic of. in the body of the email you send, you can put in a fax number and it will fax it for you free.
so when u get the pdf document back of the pic you took u attach the pdf to a new email with the phone number your faxing to in the body? so where are u emailing the document to? is it still copy@qipit.com?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
so when u get the pdf document back of the pic you took u attach the pdf to a new email with the phone number your faxing to in the body? so where are u emailing the document to? is it still copy@qipit.com?
no you put the fax phone number as the body of the original email (the email with the picture, not the pdf)
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
no you put the fax phone number as the body of the original email (the email with the picture, not the pdf)
does it let u preview the pdf file first before sending so u know if its in good enough quality to fax?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software