PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
OtO - Finger Friendly Organizer "Traveling"

From XDA thread found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=326891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticCat View Post
Updates 9 September 2007
Dear All:

I'm on a business trip and will be back on the 13th I won't be able to work on that OtO in the meantime but I will release the alpha by next weekend.

Thanks for baring with me...

Updates 5 September 2007
I've been seriously working on this for the past 2 days, handling graphics is a bit more tricky that what I thought it would be.

I will release an ALPHA version soon it might not even be doing anything so don't expect much yet. More like a proof of concept but I cannot bind myself to a time right now.

Name options: FFO (Finger Friendly Organizer) or OtO (One Touch Organizer)

I would like to thank tene and phd48 for their precious help

Updates 3 September 2007
Guys this project started as a less than personal use, but since I started this thread I find out that ppl might be interested in that so I will work on it in a more professional way.

I have been generously offered the help of phd48 for the graphics and this guys is GREAT.

I am just asking you a couple of days before the alpha release, and please don't expect much of the first version , what we need now is a name !

Here is a previous of what it might look like...

------------------------
Dear all:

Two days ago I've started working on a program to help me quickly add appointments/calendars with one finger and no stylus (at least with the least typing possible)

This program is still in VERY early development, no pictures, no icons, no name NOTHING and, to be honest I was not planning on even talking about it yet.

Today I saw this post on xda-developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=326815 a request for such a program so I was wondering if
1. do you have need/use for such application?
2. will you be willing to pre-alfa test it (i know it works on WM6 no idea about the others)
3. anyone willing to help with the graphics/design since I suck in graphic and design

thank you for your thoughts

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Nice...will also follow development of this.

Thanks Jamesus!!!!

late,
Coz
Old 09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Lurker

knobcheese is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to knobcheese
I would certainly volunteer to alpha/beta.. whatever test it if you need.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Ruinit is a n00b
Yes please develop! I hate using the stylus and my 40 year old eye site is getting worse .... lol I would love to see some finger friendly appointment, task etc software. I am willing to help test. I have had this phone for almost 2 years and love it.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Threadstarter

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Looks like ArticCat will be releasing an alpha this weekend. I'll be sure to check for it and le everyone know when it's available.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software