PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Fua
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Fua is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Links on Diamond Today Screen question

I have an HTC Diamond and I dumped TF3D in favor of Today screen.
I'd like to be able to just put a custom icon/link on the screen. Is that possible?

I tried HTC Home add-on but it adds to much stuff. I just want a simple icon/button linked to a program, but can't find info on how to implement that.

Any suggestions from the community?
Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Custom Links on Diamond Today Screen question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fua View Post
I have an HTC Diamond and I dumped TF3D in favor of Today screen.
I'd like to be able to just put a custom icon/link on the screen. Is that possible?

I tried HTC Home add-on but it adds to much stuff. I just want a simple icon/button linked to a program, but can't find info on how to implement that.

Any suggestions from the community?
Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try this,

http://community.pointui.com/topic/s...2-make-it-mine
Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Fua
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fua is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
That looks really neat, but it's a whole new shell and costs money. Money is not that big a deal, but I'd like to stick with MightyROM4.
I would like to keep it simple.
There is gotta be a way to put a button on the screen.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Too add a single program button, try SPB Pocket Plus...its expensive but I think they advertise that it can do this, other than that one I dont know. Maybe CLaunch but thats a program launcher.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Fua
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fua is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Too add a single program button, try SPB Pocket Plus...its expensive but I think they advertise that it can do this, other than that one I dont know. Maybe CLaunch but thats a program launcher.
Thanks for the info. I've looked into SPB already, but that would require giving up MightyROM.
I would like to be able to implement CLaunch type functionality directly into Today screen.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or picky; just trying to see if there is an simple way to accomplish my goal.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fua View Post
Thanks for the info. I've looked into SPB already, but that would require giving up MightyROM.
I would like to be able to implement CLaunch type functionality directly into Today screen.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or picky; just trying to see if there is an simple way to accomplish my goal.

You dont sound ungrateful or picky...we just havnt been able to get what you need yet. Just to make sure, you want a button to launch a single program that doesnt have a plugin from the Today screen, right?

I use MightyROM4 (obvious by my sig) and am mainly on the today screen. I toggle back and forth between today and SPB Mobile Shell 3, Im not a fan of TF3D. I'll never give up my today screen, I like being one press of the screen away from Weatherpanel, pocket Sportscenter, SPB Phone Suite
Old 09-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Fua
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fua is a n00b

Quote:
... Just to make sure, you want a button to launch a single program that doesnt have a plugin from the Today screen, right?
Exactly! Just like a regular desktop icon.
I just want a button/link to launch contacts, gmaps, opera, call hist, com manager. That's it. I got two of those mapped into soft keys.

Sounds so simple, and yet proving to be so unattainable.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP

How about this...

Easy Today Launcher

I think this might be what your looking for, I just put it on my Diamond and its kinda freaking cool Im glad you asked this question.

After you select it on the Today items...click options then start adding the shortcuts you want on the today screen.

Last edited by TREmp77; 09-04-2009 at 05:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Fua
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fua is a n00b

Quote:
How about this...

Easy Today Launcher

I think this might be what your looking for, I just put it on my Diamond and its kinda freaking cool Im glad you asked this question.
That looks promising! I'll be giving this a try.
Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software