PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: VZ

pleasestirme is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan as Bluetooth Keyboard

I am finally upgrading to a touchpro and I was wondering what to do with my old Titan. . . when I found this Remote Control that I want for my HTPC here: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0283492

But this remote costs 160! Then my thoughts went back to my old Titan.... you can see where this is going.....

I know that no2chem did some work on making a keyboard driver to use the phone's keypad as a PC's USB keyboard.

Did anyone make a bluetooth driver to attach your phone as a bluetooth keyboard?
What about using the touchsceen as a touchpad mouse?

If it does not exist, is anyone interested in taking on this project?

I look at it this way. As our phones become more and more enabled with gizmos, there will be more and more uses for them when we retire them as phones.

Thanks for your feedback!

PleaseStirMe

Verizon XV6800
Unlocker---nueSPL-2.47
Radio------3.42.50
ROM-------DCD 4.1.2

Verizon XV6850
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tonykovac is just getting started
Re: Titan as Bluetooth Keyboard

Not exactly a keyboard, but I use Salling Clicker to control my laptop... there are both windows and mac versions of the program, and it can control a number of programs using the touchscreen... I use if for some powerpoint stuff, but there are some other applications that can be controlled. I believe it allows user scripts too, though my needs are met with the basic program. Costs $24 to register, they also have a free trial available.

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/

Hope that helps, --TonyKovac
Old 08-29-2009, 12:50 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Use your smartphone as a bluetooth keyboard for your PC or PS3!

The busy team at MobileSrc has been hard at work implementing one of the harder hacks on Windows Mobile – writing a new Windows Mobile bluetooth profile.

They have implemented the Human Interface bluetooth Profile as a source, allowing anyone to use their smartphone as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for any bluetooth connected PC. With this solution there is no need to install any software on your desktop, unlike other server-based solutions, and this allows the software to work on any device with the HID profileimplemented, meaning potentially the software will work even with non-PC devices like the PS3.

This solution works very well when you are using a PC as a media centre, as demonstrated in this video from PocketNow below, but I believe where it really comes into its own is as a bluetooth keyboard for a PS3, where it will increase the usefulness of the PS3 web browser exponentially.
The software costs a very reasonable $8.99, and is available from the WMPoweruser software store here.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

This one is pretty good, does what you asked and a lot more.

GRemote

Summary: Use your phone with g-sensor to control your PC plus many other features like Touchpad and Keyboard !

Requirements:
Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1
.NetCF 3.5

» GRemote Description

Developer: GBM Software
Support Email: info@gbmsoftware.com
Web Site: http://gbmsoftware.com/

Updated to v0.5.2
This version should work on all devices with VGA, QVGA, WVGA and WQVGA display.

GRemote is an applications for controlling your Windows desktop PC with your Windows Mobile device !
So you can control mouse remotely including scroll wheel, remote keybord, laptop like Touchpad and many other !

What we have now?
  • GCenter - place to select controller type
  • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
  • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
  • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
  • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
  • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
Do you want more? There is a GRemote Pro version with much more futures. Please try DEMO version and purchase if you like it.
  • It's called GRemote because I hope to include other features like:

- Touchpad for devices which don't have GSensor
    - Keyboard
    - GMedia - applet to control apps like Winamp, PowerDVD etc...
    - Game Controler - but this can be more difficult because of windows driver required
    - GRemoteServer for Windows and Linux!!!

Usage

-Unzip attached file
    -Install GRemoteSetup.CAB on you device
    -Run GRemoteServer.exe on you PC
    -Enter correct IP address in GRemote app on you Diamond or press "Find" button
    -If you use GSen remember to add this app to GSen config
    - This app use UDP 5656 port so disable it in firewall on your PC (NOT in router)
    - Tap and hold you screen to move mouse
    - Communication between client and server is realized with TCP/IP so you need to use any network connection WiFi, USB, or BT with Personal Area Network (BT not tested yet)

Updates in this version:
    v.0.5.2:
    -added windows installer
    -added autostart option in setup and server application
    -added "magic" button to open ports in Windows firewall

http://gbmsoftware.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software