PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 11:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6900
Carrier: Alltel

Lost My Mind is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Technology1 & tcpmp

On or around the 18th, youtube changed the way their URLs are handled, which in turn makes TCPMP pretty much useless for youtube videos. I saw that Technology1 had already fixed the problem in a cab but hadn't yet posted it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1367

Now the guy is banned. Not only here, but also at another forum too (i cant remember if its against forum rules to post links here, so i wont........lets just say "the other forum" and hope you know which one I mean) Can anyone teach me what he was editing/how he was editing it?

I'd rather be a case of "teach a man to fish" rather then "give a man a fish", ya know? I'm just hoping you don't exactly have to be a programmer per se. I've edited parts of my registry before, but I knew what I was supposed to be editing. I can find my way around coding, if I know where i'm going. Without knowing, Im not so good.

HELP!!!! NEED TCPMP TO WORK AGAIN!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGG!!!!

Last edited by Lost My Mind; 08-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Technology1 & tcpmp

Is it true?!
Tech is banned?!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Damn your fast Mr horn doctor! Hey, maybe you could help me since you seem to be the resident vogue expert!

Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Well, as far as YouTube I use the YouTube app to watch videos and I have the GETYTV app to download if I want to watch later. I must say I haven't used the GETYTV app in a while though. As far as editing TCPMP I really can't help you there. I did see a thread though about the latest TCPMP Codec Pac not to long ago. I was actually thinking of getting it but haven't yet. I just really don't watch too many movies on my Vogue.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Here is that thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...028715#1028715
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I think I already tried this, and it didn't work.....I may be wrong though, so i'm trying it now.

However, what IS the fascination with youtube player? I tried it, and its not entirely full screen, and the navigation was kinda sketchy. Other then that it worked well.

With TCPMP you can go on www.youtube.com browse the full site, and then click any video. Then a little pop-up asks if you wanna watch the video, save the video, or go to the linked page (so you can read comments instead of watching the actual video).

So, if someone has, say......a podcast every day, you can make sure your watching the newest one with TCPMP. With youtube player, you get seemingly random videos. Maybe its the newest, maybe its 3 months ago.

What I wish I could do, is link the WVD program with TCPMP. So when you click a youtube video in PIE, it automaticly goes into WVD. That for me would probably be the best solution. Because it was able to handle videos when TCPMP couldnt.......but it doesnt work from PIE.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the Software Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software