PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS software recommendation - going on a cruise.

I’m going on a cruise and would appreciate recommendations for a GPS software so I can see our position, mostly on the ocean and a bit on land. Basic world maps would be fine, nothing super detailed required. It must be self contained, internet will not be available, or when it is it’s at crazy international roaming rates. Last time I used my notebook with a Delorme software, that worked fine. Now that my phone has a GPS, it would be nice to have it “in hand”

Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: GPS software recommendation - going on a cruise.

Hey bro, check out my post here, I think you will find some usefull info

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks !
Old 08-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
I’m going on a cruise and would appreciate recommendations for a GPS software so I can see our position, mostly on the ocean and a bit on land. Basic world maps would be fine, nothing super detailed required. It must be self contained, internet will not be available, or when it is it’s at crazy international roaming rates. Last time I used my notebook with a Delorme software, that worked fine. Now that my phone has a GPS, it would be nice to have it “in hand”

Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Be careful of turning your phone on... the Carnival ship I was on had a CDMA/GSM system on the ship for making phone calls. Data was also there but $$$$$$.

I used the GPS when were going through the river down to the Gulf but quickly turned it off after we got out in the Gulf. All the TV's had a channel of a few cameras positioned around the boat and there was also a screen showing our Lat/Long, heading, depth, speed etc that you could see just about anytime you wanted. Some of the TV's around the ship stayed on this channel. It was nice to not have my phone in my pocket
Old 08-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks digiblur - I will be careful. I'm paranoid about not setting my phone in airplane mode and having a $1000 phone bill for roaming charges!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
gps