PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

badfrog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hosed install of voice command.

ok, I'm running Helmi's build of WM6 on my XV6700, since he removed the voice dialer, a firend of mine gave me MW voice commander 1.0, with the upgrade to 1.5

I isntalled the first part... when it prompts me where to isntall it, I select DEVICE (only other option is storage card). it gives me a warnign that "you have chosen to install voice commander to "" instead of main memory, do you want to continue?" I say yes.

it installs, get to the end, I get a help screen that tells me how to get started, I hear a voice say it is running, then a pop up window comes up and says voice commander can't start, try unisntalling/reinstalling.

I go to remove programs, try to remove it, It acts like it is, but I get a couple of beeps, and it hangs with the little busy icon in the middle of the screen, never goes away, Ic an't do anything else. have to soft reset.

now... voice commander is no longer listed in my program list, or in my program directory, yet if I try to isntall a newer version (1.5) it tells me an older version is already installed, and to remove it... where in the registry would I find whatever value it is looking for so I can delete it so it own't give me that error when tryign to isntall? I dont want to have to hard reset and start from scratch....
Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

badfrog is a n00b
nevermind... I found the files and deleted them and all is well now.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Lurker

nagi is a n00b
Anybody know where i can get a copy of voice command?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
yeah i have copies in multiple languages drop me off a pm and i can get for you..... not sure if im allowed to post that type of file here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software