PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Lurker

pitbull62 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
weaterpanel problems

first of all, EXCELLENT BOARD!

ok, i downloaded weatherpanel 2 days ago. saved it to my sd card. i have a few cities on my list. i have entered a few urls to show webcam stills, which by the way, only work for a couple hours at best before showing error messages, all except for one cam which file name actually ends in .jpg

ive been experiencing treo freezing and acting excessively slow. Sometimes saying "waiting for storage card or invalid...(something)"<- have seen this a few times.

my EV icon on top with arrows facing each other is almost constantly on, showing activity.

somtimes i only get the little weatherpanel icon with nothing else on the today page.

sometimes ill click on the icon and nothing will happen or it will disappear and freeze. im impatient so most of the time ill soft reset after about 30 seconds.

not sure if all this is due to the webcam stills. updates are set for every 30 minutes.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! TIA
Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
A few things:

1. Make sure you're running WP from this thread: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...ate-t8164.html

2. Just fyi...not all webcams "report" on a regular basis. Some cams shut down at night or other times. So this may not be a WP issue.

3. You might try reloading WP to your device.

4. What icon set and themes are you running?

5. How long are you saving your images for? You might be running out of memory.

6. Updating every 30 minutes is excessive...try every 2 hours.

Gives us some more info if you can and keep us posted.

late,
Coz
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pitbull62 is a n00b
Ok things got really bad, so I had to do a restore from my card using sprite backup(BTW once the restore was over, somehow sprite didnt make it over! Had to delete then redownload sprite). I remembered I originally downlaoded it from the marsware website not from the link on this website. I need to download weatherpanel again. I am a newbie. Ive downloaded weatherpanel, in cab file form, to my desktop. I managed to get it on my device in My documents. Ive tried to follow what was on this site but cant get it to open or execute rather.
It appears the one I got from marsware was just screwing up my treo. Kept freezing on me 8 out of 10 times everytime I needed to do anything with my phone. Terrible.

WP_AUTH_MOON_TRIAL08_CAB is on my storage card, I see it in my documents, when I tap on it it gives me this "there is no application associated with "WP_AUTH_MOON_TRIAL08_CAB". Run the application first, then open this file from withing the application."

can someone help me out? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by pitbull62; 08-30-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Ok..I'm gonna walk you through this...but there are lots of WP discussions out there that can help you as well.

1. Download the file in this post to your pc
2. Unzip the file
3. You will now see a cab file. Transfer this cab file to your ppc
4. On your ppc find the cab file and tap on it to begin installation
5. After installation you can delete the cab file.

That's it for installing WP. However you'll need to find a theme to load on to it. There are many themes out there. For now I will suggest son-of-commuter. Search for it in the Software forum.

Installation instructions are pretty easy and the following are straight from the ReadMe files that Storyr attaches to all his themes:

1. Install the Theme:

1.1 Unzip the files (Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA.zip)
onto your PC hard drive (be sure to use folder names).

1.2 Connect your device to the PC.

1.3 From Windows Exporer, open:
My Computer, Mobile Device, My Windows Mobile-Based Device,
\Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes

1.4 Copy the Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA folder (and it's contents) into
the Themes folder on your device. Your folders should then look
like this:

- Program Files
- MarsWare
- WeatherPanel
- data
+ Icons
- Themes
- Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA

2. Install the Icons:

2.1 CAB File Install (allows installation to your Storage Card):

A good tutorial for this procedure can be found here:
http://pocketpccentral.net/help/tuto...l_cab_file.htm

2.1.1 Download the Son-of-Commuter-240 Icon Pak.zip file onto your
PC hard drive and unzip it.

2.1.2 Connect your device to the PC.

2.1.3 From Windows Exporer, open:
My Computer, Mobile Device, My Windows Mobile-Based Device

2.1.4 Copy the desired icon cab files from your PC to
your My Documents folder on your mobile device.

2.1.5 On your device, open File Explorer (Start > Programs > File Explore)
and navigate to your My Documents folder.

2.1.6 Tap each cab file to install it.

Note: After installation, you can delete the .cab files.

3. Go to the WeatherPanel settings (Display tab) and configure
Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA as follows:

Theme: Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA

Layout: Son-of-Commuter-240.wpl

Icon Set: Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA Icons or Son-of-Commuter-240-SPIL Icons or
Son-of-Commuter-240-De41 Icon

This should get you going on WP and remember to run a search in the future...like the truth, the answers are out there.

Let us know if you have any more problems.

late,
Coz
Attached Files
File Type: zip wp_auth_moon_trial08_cab_196.zip (2.03 MB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pitbull62 is a n00b
Ive searched to no avail. So here goes. Thanks for all the step by step help. I got it running. I have noticed that my phone locks/freezes up frequently. I also often get messages on WP screen saying "waiting for storage card or invalid layout file" which fixes itself when I tap on the screen or by soft reset . Im just stumped. Right now I feel like just removing the program from my phone. Its very convenient as I also have a few freeway cams setup, but the GF is about to kill me. It appears lately, since I got WP, that some calls arent making it to my phone.

I do know that when my phone is "frozen" calls dont make it in. Maybe thats whats going on.
Any advice?

edit: Ive noticed my sprite backup will not perform its backup successfully. I get the message saying my storage card is low on memory. Its a 2 gig card with only < 1 gig used up as of now....HELP!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Do you have WP installed on the SD card? If you do, install it on main memory.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software