PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

aammiitt is keeping up the good workaammiitt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with HTC Touch, Plz help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
What else did you install before pocketwit?
Nothing new... ev thing was fine. Well a few weeks back I had installed the facebook app...but everything was working fine after that.

Thanks for asking...
Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I would suggest trying a program like memmaid or something similar that will show all running processes. That way you can see whats running and halt/end things one by one. You've probably got something in your registry that didn't uninstall properly. I would also suggest downloading phm regeditor it's free. Use the search/find function and look for any remaining remnants of the twitter app you got rid of. Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would suggest trying a program like memmaid or something similar that will show all running processes. That way you can see whats running and halt/end things one by one. You've probably got something in your registry that didn't uninstall properly. I would also suggest downloading phm regeditor it's free. Use the search/find function and look for any remaining remnants of the twitter app you got rid of. Good Luck!
Thanks.. will do so and report back the outcome.
Cheers!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Good advice horndoctor!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok guys... I have a Bigger problem now. I installed memmaid..and used the phm registry cleaner. Well in the process I killed activesync..and the phone choking has gotten worse.

At this point all I wanna do is reformat the phone. BUT I cant get activesync to work at all. Tried everything. Different ports...computers..re-installing aactivesync on PC... initiating the connection w/ PC from the phone..NOTHING works! Seems I killed it in the registry somewhere and now PHM reg cleaner wont even help because it wants the phone to be connected to the PC. So I am stuck!

Pleaseeeeee help me w/ the problem of activesync so I cn go ahead and re-install windows6.1 again.

Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Have you tried just a plain hard reset? I mean back up your contacts and go for it seems like your phone is really jacked up
Old 07-27-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Have you tried just a plain hard reset? I mean back up your contacts and go for it seems like your phone is really jacked up

O yes.. I have tried hard reset(s) atleast 50 times. I have tried everything. I have backed up my contacts. How do I get the activesync now... cuz to install a fresh win6.1 I need to be connected, right?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Did you hook your phone up to your pc/laptop n see if it worked and might be a dumb question but do you have windows mobile device center installed on ur pc/laptop?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Did you hook your phone up to your pc/laptop n see if it worked and might be a dumb question but do you have windows mobile device center installed on ur pc/laptop?
I hooked the mobile to my PC and laptop-both. It would always recognize the mobile because I had activesync 4.5 installed and thats how I would copy the progs. But it doesnt now... because I remember disabling activesync when I was messing with PHM reg cleaner.

I dont have the windows mobile device center? Pardon my ignorance here pls.. actually I havent come across that. Also..I tried deleting the "Mobile device" from my device manager on PC..and restarting...just incase it would establish the connection..but nope.

What shld I try?
Thanks and I really appreciate u trying to help me here.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

If you bought your tp new in the box the windows mobile device center disc should have came with it. Which is what the phone runs best ith activesync. So I say look in the box n see if you see it if not go to the microsoft website type in windows mobile device center in the search box and download it to your pc/laptop

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software