PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

npaulseth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DRM folder location for pocket WMP?

I have around 100 songs or so that I have purchased through the Sprint music store that are all DRM protected. I use Sprite backup fortunatley which backs up everything on my phone. I recently had to hard reset my phone, and after it was back up I tried to play some of my music only to find out that I no longer had the "license" to the song anymore. Well, after I restored my phone with Sprite, everything worked great again. This leads me to believe that there is a folder somewhere on my device, not memory card, that contains all of my DRM information for the songs that I have purchased. I cannot seem to figure out where this folder is though.

Any help?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: DRM folder location for pocket WMP?

On your storage card under my music.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Threadstarter

npaulseth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I know it's not on my storage card due to the fact that I have a couple songs that are stored on my device memory that play fine without the storage card in the device. Also, I don't have a "my music" folder on my storage card, but I do under "my documents" on my device. However, it's empty.

Last edited by npaulseth; 07-04-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Huh...what device are you using?
I thought you couldn't download/buy songs from sprint unless you used the storage card!?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

I just checked mine and all my sprint music downloads are on my storage card in a folder called music. Sorry, my bad.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaulseth View Post
...cannot seem to figure out where this folder is...
It probably doesn't show in WinMo File Explorer. Look for a folder called WMDRM. Such a folder occasionally shows up on my storage card when I pull it from phone and put into USB on desktop PC. Since I avoid DRM'd files like a plague, I just delete WMDRM and it's damnable contents. There's too much good music easily available w/out DRM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software