PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM Cab Creator?

I was curious if anyone knew of a program
or something that would allow you to build cabs on your WM Phone itself.

I have WinCeCabManager for my desktop,
but would love to be able to build cabs on the go
or open cabs up while on the go.
It's only one of last few programs I need
so I can be able to do all of my modding/editing stuff while on the go.
Also, that way I can edit things for my friends
when I don't have access to my computer
or can't use my remote desktop program.

Thanks for your time/reply,
I appreciate any and all advice/recommendations on how to achieve this!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: WM Cab Creator?

Wow
I was thinking about starting a thread about this same question.
Big +1.
I have wondered about this for some time now. Hope someone knows.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

+1 on this, definately. This would be an amazing thing. I'll see what I can find as well...

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. Im pretty sure this isnt exactly what youre looking for, but sktools csn make cabs in limited fashion. You can turn registry files into cab files, or make a cab from an app already installed on your device via an exe file through active sync. So far ive created a cab for every app that i could only previously install through active sync.
i apologize if youre looking for something more indepth and with more function, but i thought id throw this out there anyway
dschoenike

Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Greetings. Im pretty sure this isnt exactly what youre looking for, but sktools csn make cabs in limited fashion. You can turn registry files into cab files, or make a cab from an app already installed on your device via an exe file through active sync. So far ive created a cab for every app that i could only previously install through active sync.
i apologize if youre looking for something more indepth and with more function, but i thought id throw this out there anyway
dschoenike
You do know that you can usually go to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Activesync
on your desktop and retrieve the cab files
from the exe's you install on your computer.

I am looking for something more indepth though as I usually either do registry edits with a mortscript or manually.

But I do appreciate your input as that might help others with what they wanted it for!!
It's always good to throw any idea out there that could pertain to someones question seeing as someone else might not know how to do what you described already.

Oh, one question I do have about the sktools, if you have an app that required you to put in a registration code(including both the ones that don't save that in a registry location, and ones that do), do the registration info stay within that cab you made? or do you have to re-register the program still?
I have a wayyyy older version of SKTools I got wayyy back that has prolly like half the functions it has now. Gotta upgrade one of these days.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

so far, out of the cabs ive made, the registration info has stayed in the cab. it also lets you add files to it if you want. Thanks for the info about finding the cabs on my desktop. Didnt know that.
dschoenike
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
so far, out of the cabs ive made, the registration info has stayed in the cab. it also lets you add files to it if you want. Thanks for the info about finding the cabs on my desktop. Didnt know that.
dschoenike
no problem.
And if it allows you to add files, then I might be able to work it to use it for part of what I want to do. Thanks for replying to my reply.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG VS750 (Fathom)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Walt is becoming a great contributor

I think I fall into this request too.

I am looking for some sort of free utility that will allow me to edit the xml file in an xml-based cab file. I guess this could be an "edit in place", or it could involve unpacking the cab, editing the xml file (using notepad?), and then repacking the cab file back.

I have a WM program that for some reason, in the xml file, is coded to installed into "Program/Files" instead of "Program Files". I was hoping to be able to do a quick edit of the xml file to correct that (the original author doesn't seem interested in maintaining the program anymore).
Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I think I fall into this request too.

I am looking for some sort of free utility that will allow me to edit the xml file in an xml-based cab file. I guess this could be an "edit in place", or it could involve unpacking the cab, editing the xml file (using notepad?), and then repacking the cab file back.

I have a WM program that for some reason, in the xml file, is coded to installed into "Program/Files" instead of "Program Files". I was hoping to be able to do a quick edit of the xml file to correct that (the original author doesn't seem interested in maintaining the program anymore).
Are you trying to do it on your phone?
or from a desktop computer?
If desktop, message me,
I'll send ya a link to a good free cab program that I use to use before WinCeCabManager.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software