PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
N00b

blueandwhiteg3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Audio player options

I am trying to find a music player that is usable on my WM6 PPC 6800 and integrates smoothly. I don't have complex needs, but i want my to very expensive phone to act like a simple iPod. With massive memory cards, fast CPUs, etc. this seems like a simple task.

My computer synchronizes a mixture of AAC and MP3 audio files to the memory card. Playlists are simply folders. I would like a music player that is finger-friendly and at least reads the basic metadata (artist, song) and lets me play by playlist (folder.)

With a single tap, the program should open. I don't want to change extensive settings on every launch. Ideally, it also lets me browse by artist / etc. and even more ideally (probably pipe dreams here) reads iTunes cover art, has an equalizer, etc. But that's just dreaming.

I have tested a number of players and not found anything satisfactory. Windows Media Player has a poor interface, requires I manually switch back to memory card *on every launch* and cannot properly read AAC metadata. HTC Audio Manager has a finger-friendly interface, but as soon as I discovered there was no AAC support, it was out.

What am I missing here? Can existing players be modified or skinned to improve the experience / add functionality? Are there other players I should be looking at?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software