PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: App restore

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
no problems with spb here either.
Thanks for backing me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertone View Post
i have spb backup i didnt know it could reinstall apps haha im sooo using for shizz now!!
Yes, Spb will basically take a snapshot of your phone including settings, email, apps, well everything... And restore it after a hard reset. The only drawback would be when you wanted to flash to a different rom, for that you would need to use something like Sashimi, or PIM backup.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:57 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

whatever happened to the BACKP thread that was stickied, was it unstucked???
Old 06-21-2009, 12:02 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
whatever happened to the BACKP thread that was stickied, was it unstucked???
coz started that i think, search his nane. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59278

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 06-21-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertone View Post
i have spb backup i didnt know it could reinstall apps haha im sooo using for shizz now!!
that's no bueno.
do what you want,
but I don't wanna see threads from any of you saying you're having problems.......
i'm tellin ya, you just don't want to do that.....
believe me if you want....
i don't care, but you're going to have live with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Thanks for backing me up!

Yes, Spb will basically take a snapshot of your phone including settings, email, apps, well everything... And restore it after a hard reset. The only drawback would be when you wanted to flash to a different rom, for that you would need to use something like Sashimi, or PIM backup.
NOOOOOO!!! DONT DO THAT!!
THAT IS ONLY GOOD IF YOU REFLASH THE ROM THAT YOU MADE THAT "SNAPSHOT" ON!!!
YOU WILL MESS THINGS UP AND HAVE PROBLEMS IN THE LONG RUN IF NOT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!
yes, that did warrant caps!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:09 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
that's no bueno.
do what you want,
but I don't wanna see threads from any of you saying you're having problems.......
i'm tellin ya, you just don't want to do that.....
believe me if you want....
i don't care, but you're going to have live with it!

NOOOOOO!!! DONT DO THAT!!
THAT IS ONLY GOOD IF YOU REFLASH THE ROM THAT YOU MADE THAT "SNAPSHOT" ON!!!
YOU WILL MESS THINGS UP AND HAVE PROBLEMS IN THE LONG RUN IF NOT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!
yes, that did warrant caps!
thats what he said, sane rom same picture. easy caps. lol
Old 06-21-2009, 12:30 AM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thats what he said, sane rom same picture. easy caps. lol
doh!
my bad.
didn't see that.
then yeah, I was wrong haha.
thanks for pointing that out to me.
I've been at the computer pretty much all day since friday morning,
(except to get a few hours of sleep)
and then came right back to it here. haha.
so I guess my excuse is my eyes are messing with me. haha.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:33 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've used Sprite Backup to restore to the same ROM and to restore to different ROMs. It has some nice options to allow you to be selective in what you restore (or back up).
The only thing I wouldn't recommend is trying to restore across entirely different OS's- for instance, don't try to restore from WM6.1 to WM6.5.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've used Sprite Backup to restore to the same ROM and to restore to different ROMs. It has some nice options to allow you to be selective in what you restore (or back up).
The only thing I wouldn't recommend is trying to restore across entirely different OS's- for instance, don't try to restore from WM6.1 to WM6.5.
you shouldn't restore anything from a different rom period
with the only exceptions of contacts and other PIM info(texts/email/etc).
Old 06-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon
Threadstarter

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

ohhh, okk, so for a simple hard rest, spb back up would work just fine right?

THX ALOT FOR ALL THE HELP!! you guys rule!!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

yeah man it should and would, may wanna try Resco and Sprite ....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software