PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: S2U2 v2.00 is Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
Anyone else having this problem with Omnia...

With S2U2 2.00 (and 2.01) installed, after a few minutes of being locked with the screen off, the phone will enter standby mode and can only be awakened by pressing the top power button. It will not wake with any other button presses. But, the phone is still operable as it will vibrate if rotated. It's just a pain to have to hit the top power button.

This does not happen with previous versions. Only with 2.00 and 2.01. At first I thought this was an issue with another program, but after several days of trial and error I found it to be S2U2.

Anyone else seen this?
Yup, I have an Omnia and I am trying S2U2 for the very first time. I have the same problem, and although it's not a dealbreaker for me, it does suck having to hit the power button at the top. It definitely isnt just this app, because i have pocketshield (im trying to decide which one I like better) and the same thing happens with it.

One question I was hoping you guys could also help me with: pocketshield has settings where you can choose certain apps to keep running in the background, even when it's locked. I would like activesync and gpstoday (in background mode) to keep running at all times, does S2U2 stop those when it is locked? Is there some way to keep them running? So far Im liking this program, I love pocketshield and the way it works, but I wanted something a little prettier....
Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have GPSGate running all the time and as far as I can tell, it works while locked, and I sync with my PC while locked, so it should do what you want.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you so much Syrguy, it appears that GPSToday is still running, although Im not 100 percent sure. I am sad to say that I had to uninstall S2U2 because of a major problem I was having during calls. Choosing to have S2U2 lock the screen during a call was difficult for me to figure out, once you unlock it to put a voicemail password or something like that, it stays unlocked the rest of the call. So I decided to just use disable the call protection with S2u2, but still use it for locking while not on a call. The problem was, for some reason as long as I have S2u2 installed, my Omnia's dialer lock wont work, even though it's on in the phone settings. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate, because I REALLY love S2U2 on my phone, except for that issue.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have never seen the lock on the Samsung keyboard disabled before. It always worked (and still does on this new ROM) with S2U2 running.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Thanks for the response Syrguy, its funny Ive been messing with it all day. I finally changed the samsung dialer lock so that it pops up after 5 seconds, instead of 2 seconds, and it seems to work so far, finally. So far so good!

Ive seen one thread here with S2U2 themes and wallpapers for the Omnia, but it only had a couple. If someone knows of a better place to find some, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member

I have never changed anything on the Samsung dialer lock, so maybe that has something to do with it.

As for themes....I am assuming this is the thread you found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=s2u2

Here is the original thread from XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=s2u2

There should be many themes in those threads, but you can always ask for custom bits (I used to do a lot).

Here is another cool site: http://s2u2.lifestylepics.de/?page=h
Old 06-25-2009, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Version 2.02 was just released today!!! Here are the changes:

Changes of v2.02
- removed the data connection monitoring as it might cause battery drain on some occasions.
- removed option "Always Hide the system incoming pop-up" as it did not always work.
- fixed the occasional system hang or cannot answer/end on the CallerID screen.
- improved mute ring response (press the Volume Up/Down).
- when dismiss the missed call details, the missed call notification icon will also be dismissed.
- a few minor bugs fixed.

Download from the same site!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: S2U2 v2.02 is Now Available

Thanks syrguy1969 for the Heads up

Title updated.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Awesome, this is great! I am going to get it right now, and donate to him of course I am happy I got it to work, it's a nice little app.

Thank you Syrguy for those links, quick question if you dont mind, will all those themes that you linked work on my Omnia, or will I have to resize them in some way? Not a big deal, just curious... thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Nice! good looking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software