PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*NEW*Leaked .NET CF 3.7*Faster All Net CF 2.0 & 3.5 & 3.7 .Cab+OEM

Remember to check your registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NetCompactFramework\
Change 3.7 value from "0" to "1"

I will add any info on this build as soon as I get it:

by Trancecoder@XDA:
Recently, a leaked version of .NET CF "3.7" has surfaced on XDA-Developers. I decided to take a look at it to see what's different. Unfortunately, only the mobile runtime is available, so no easy access to development tools. However, that doesn't stop Red Gate's .NET Reflector from peeking at the insides of a lot of these DLLs.
So I've been exploring the leaked DLLs pseudorandomly, and here are the differences between .NET CF 3.5 and "3.7" that I have found so far:
  • Added System.AppDomainManager as well as its prerequisites
    • Advanced stuff that the majority of people don't touch, I bet
    • Used for customizing the CLR
    • Already exists in full .NET 3.5
  • Added System.TimeZoneInfo
    • Currently it is internal sealed, but that will likely change by release time
  • Added System.DateTimeOffset
    • It's public!
  • Added System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256 and related classes
    • Also added HMAC with SHA1 and SHA256 support
  • Added System.Linq.Expressions namespace
    • Probably a bunch of other LINQ-related additions as well
  • Added System.Runtime.Serialization.Json namespace
    • It certainly isn't for ASP.NET
    • Perhaps it's for Silverlight?
  • Added System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream
    • No visible changes to the Marshal class though
From the above list, it looks like we're just getting more .NET 3.5 stuff in the Compact Framework. I don't have a problem with that. I just really want to develop with WPF/Silverlight for WIndows Mobile!
Hmm, I just realized that I didn't look in any WinMo-specific assemblies. Let's see what I'll find there.
  • Added Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.CentralMenu
    • A mystery, Holmes!
    • Also added CentralMenuExtensions - very interesting
That's it so far. Still, there is a mysterious Central Menu that I'll be wondering about now. Is this related to what all those purported WM7 screenshots had in the bottom-center of the screen? Maybe, or maybe it's just wishful thinking. I'd say, it's likely the latter. I guess we'll find out soon enough

By l3v5y@xda:
The current builds of 3.7 don't have DirectX support (as far as I can see) so things like lights.exe don't work.
Seems that backwards compatability may not have been a priority.

I would be weary of downloading this. The .NET framework is collection of libraries to make developing applications just that much easier. Installing a version of the .NET framework is not going to improve your device in any way. This supposed version has not been released; only until Microsoft releases this will we be able to really use it to build applications. The next version is going to be 4.0 anyway because the compact framework follows the same versioning of the full framework. This is a waste and is of no value to end user, especially since there will be no applications in existence that use this supposed framework until it is released from Microsoft.

Is it compatible with d3d drivers?
It does work only if you remove the D3D out of the ROM first, then add the NetCF3.7. Reboot and then add the D3D and lights.exe works.

UH OHH:
Originally Posted by microsoft
VIA EMAIL:

Demand for Immediate Take-Down: Notice of Infringing Activity

URL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525367
Case #: 248220
Date: 29 June 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

Microsoft has received information that the domain listed above, which appears to be on servers under your control, is offering unlicensed copies of, or is engaged in other unauthorized activities relating to copyrighted works published by Microsoft.

1. Identification of copyrighted works:

Copyrighted work(s):
.NET Compact Framework 3.7

Copyright owner:
Microsoft Corporation

2. Copyright infringing material or activity found at the following location(s):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525367

The above copyright work(s) is being made available for copying, through downloading, at the above location without authorization of the copyright owner.

3. Statement of authority:

The information in this notice is accurate, and I hereby certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of Microsoft, the owner of the copyright(s) in the work(s) identified above. I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above have been authorized by Microsoft, its agents, or the law.

We hereby give notice of these activities to you and request that you take expeditious action to remove or disable access to the material described above, and thereby prevent the illegal reproduction and distribution of this copyright work(s) via your company's network.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what actions you take.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet Investigator

on behalf of Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way

Mods, If this is genuine, I will take this down immediately.

Heres the OEM Package: http://filefactory.com/file/ag6b02c/...3_7_8345_00_7z
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dot Net.zip (7.48 MB, 1771 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-05-2009 at 12:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 29 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: *NEW*Leaked .NET CF 3.7*Faster All Net CF 2.0 & 3.5 & 3.7 .Cab+OEM

Looks like your thread was the first posted and its not getting any love...so I thought I'd drop a thanks and post something.

Any advantages to this new framework?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro duece
Carrier: sprint pcs

dav1boy is just getting started

anyone else try this version yet that has some feeback?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Ive had it installed and the registry adjusted for a few hours now, but im not quite sure what to look for, improvment-wise.
dschoenike

Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

gave thanks but dont wanna b the 1st 2 try. please someone review. Excellent find Hypnotic
Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

iceberg8685 is a n00b

What reg change do we need to make after installing this?
Thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Go to HKLM/software/microsoft/NETcompactframework and change 3.7 from 0 to 1. And change 3.5 from 1 to 0. softreset
dschoenike
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quite a few chefs are cooking this in anyway...

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Where can I get that Configuration for NetCF?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Where can I get that Configuration for NetCF?
Here you go

**edit**- actually it is included in the .cab in my first post, enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NetCF Config.zip (131.7 KB, 305 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-12-2009 at 06:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software