PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Peep Login issues (Manila Twitter Tab)

I started this so we could keep each other updated on the Authorization issue that HTC Peep is currently having.
What's weird is that The tab gets an error on refresh but I can still view my profile and Search just fine:

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7983700&postcount=72
Code:
If the problem is OAuth and HTC haven't implemented it yet
then yes they dropped the ball on that,
but it doesn't just affect WinMo,
it affects the Android version of HTC Peep too...
Either way I am sure they are working on it at the moment
and will release an update soon which your favourite chef
will cook into a new release soon
EDIT: Official response from HTC to an XDA member
Code:
Thank you for your inquiry on the Peep authentication process.
Daniel, Twitter has changed their authentication scheme
and no longer allows login via basic authentication, the scheme that HTC Sense used.
This Impacts: Peep Twitter for HTC Sense Friend Stream.
Please use the Twitter Application for Android or you can use other Twitter clients available from Android Marketplace.
Please continue to check HTC.com and the user forums for any additional information.
Twitter is killing support for basic user authentication in third-party apps since Tuesday morning.
Instead, Twitter will now require all third-party app developers to use OAuth for user authentication.
This is a planned move Twitter first announced in December, and the company has posted a help page on its developer site with some resources meant to ease the transition to OAuth.
Twitter was originally going to move to OAuth in June, but the transition was delayed because of the increased volume of tweets around the World Cup.
In basic authentication, a website or app will say, “Hey, do you want to share whatever you’re doing here with your friends on Twitter? Give me your Twitter username and password and I’ll hook up your accounts.”
By passing along your info, you’re giving that app or website unlimited access to everything in your Twitter account.
Which is pretty dangerous, and not secure.
In OAuth authentication, the website or app will send you to Twitter where you sign yourself in, then Twitter will tell the website or app “Yeah, they are who they say they are.”
The website or app only gains the ability to do certain things with your account — post, read, reply, search — while staying locked out from the more sensitive stuff.
I do apologize Daniel, for any confusion and for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10USCWXXXXXXXXXXX.
Sincerely,
Groundwater
HTC

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 09-08-2010 at 10:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Re: HTC Peep Login issues (Manila Twitter Tab)

Well... It looks like, all the sudden, the Twitter Tab (HTC Peep) has started working again.
Hope it lasts.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jvilleboy is a n00b
Re: HTC Peep Login issues (Manila Twitter Tab)

I keep having problems with the app foreclosing and the sad thing is that I love this app. Why does it have to foreclose all the time or get stuck? Any Help on this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software