PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Facebook for Windows Mobile 1.0.0.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Some custom ROMS have the newest Tflo working. This Touchflo has the ability to sync your facebook contacts with the contacts you have on your phone. It's a great feature. The ROM I'm running now is the SsS ROM.
so syncing contacts with facebook pics, would that only be available when using TouchFlo? I'm currently on 6.5 mighty5 rom, currently using skybook to sync photos.

Do you know what that feature is called? I've seen social network mentioned a few times, but i'm not totally sure....

I'm gonna flash to SAC Warrior's rom this tonight, i think he mentions that social netowrk is included in his rom.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I think that the "social networking" is where you can goto start--settings---system--account manager and login to facebook / youtube and then you have the ability to post your pics/vids to your facebook wall or to your youtube account. When viewing your pic/vid on the phone touch the screen and touch the menu icon and select upload to facebook or youtube. It will upload the selected item to whatever service you picked.

It has nothing to do with sync'ing the contact pictures w/facebook, at least with TouchFlo3D.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

does anyone know how to save ur login info via a reg edit or settings? Trying to get everything ready so i can reflash my TP
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMobile Wing
Carrier: TMobile

psunate77 is just getting started

One thing I hate with this is the fact I can't search for people... I have family that will tell me look me up on facebook, but I seem to only do a search in my friend list.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
does anyone know how to save ur login info via a reg edit or settings? Trying to get everything ready so i can reflash my TP

i havent check out the reg file yet, so i cant fully answer ur question. what i do is, when signed into fb mobile, i dont log out when im done using it. i click on the "X" (to close the application). that way, when opening up the fb app again, you are automatically signed in.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvgeo View Post
i havent check out the reg file yet, so i cant fully answer ur question. what i do is, when signed into fb mobile, i dont log out when im done using it. i click on the "X" (to close the application). that way, when opening up the fb app again, you are automatically signed in.
yea, i do that know....i was trying to save the login info so when i do a hard reset (do them a lot due to flashing roms) i didnt have to worry bout entering it in...thanks though
Old 07-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
I think that the "social networking" is where you can goto start--settings---system--account manager and login to facebook / youtube and then you have the ability to post your pics/vids to your facebook wall or to your youtube account. When viewing your pic/vid on the phone touch the screen and touch the menu icon and select upload to facebook or youtube. It will upload the selected item to whatever service you picked.

It has nothing to do with sync'ing the contact pictures w/facebook, at least with TouchFlo3D.
Actually no.
The new TF3D from rhodium ports are waaaay different than the old TF3D. It skins almost everything - from text messages to your calendar to your contacts. When you go to the 'people' tab, there's a menu to log into your facebook account. Usually it says that it 'failed' but in reality it didnt. Then itll scan you contacts and look for matches in facebook from your account. You can pick which ones you can link (or all) to sync birthdays and photos.

Don't worry though - the normal windows interface for txts, etc are still there - its just buried a lot better than HTC's initial incarnation of TF3D.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

how do I view the comments for a photo?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
how do I view the comments for a photo?
Thats the sucky part, you can't see any. Commenting on anything is gimped in the Facebook app.

I hate that Windows Mobile & Facebook dared to release this crappy app when iPhone, Blackberry & Nokia's Facebook apps are vastly superior in function & commenting.

WTH?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Get the new FIM and you'll have iming along with a speedy facebook app. I only have this facebook now because I used to need it all the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software