PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

j-rad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spb Mobile Shell 1.5 help

Just installed, and have a few questions.. first, how do I add my city to the weather list if it is not available? The closest city on the weather selection is like 60 miles from me, so yeah..

Also, is there a tab available for appointments? I know theres one for tasks, but I would like my appointments accessible from a tab - or have todayagenda integrated.. anyone know?

**edit** Never mind, figured this ^^ out.. just added the tab for TodayAgenda and it worked (said it might cause a problem, but works fine so far)
Old 08-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
If your city isn't listed in the default waether app you are out of luck. it is best to use add or replace a tab and use another weather app. My favorite is Weather Panel (Free).

Pretty much the same goes for appointments. You will need to add or replace a tab for todayagenda.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 08-09-2007, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Threadstarter

j-rad is a n00b
thanks, I think I'll just add weatherpanel in..

i just grabbed the Spacer 1.1 app to put a space in between mobile shell and phonealarm, and have another question.. does it always display the horizontal line? it looks pretty ugly with a random line going across the screen, but i want to add some space..
Old 08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Use something like UITweaker to change that horizonal line color.

late,
Coz
Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mio p350
Carrier: n/a

boriski is a n00b
i use pocket shell with SPB weather, go to the SPBsoftwarehouse website and signup to their free forum, then select the spb weather section and look for the BBC weather template details are there on where to download it from, sorry i cant give web addresses but im only been signed up for a couple of hrs and cant post web links yet
Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Lurker

Chandler is a n00b
I have installed phatphinger. How do I make this the default weather under the tab in mobile shell?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
On your today screen tap and hold a Mobile Shell tab. This will give you 2 choices (Auto-Hide Mode and Options), pick options.

You should now be on a screen that allows you to either "Add", "Replace", or "Remove" your Mobile Shell tabs. For our purposes select "Add".

You should now see a box for "Today Item" and "Icon". You'll want to tap on "today item" and scroll down until you see Weather Panel. Next select the icon for the tab.

Close out and you should be good to go.

Also remember that PhatPhinger is merely a theme for Weather Panel and use of the theme really has nothing to do with Mobile Shell.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

late,
Coz
Old 01-17-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

redifrogger is a n00b
Keep in mind that SPB Mobile Shell (and Pocket Plus for that matter) will squawk a complaint about any plug-in that isn't SPB, but I've never had any instability with either TodayAgenda or Weather Panel. I use Pocket Plus and love it!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul

Mach30SiR is a n00b
Pulled up this thread on a quick search...i dont have the same problem with weather, rather with the tabs. For some reason they aren't loading when I soft reset. Each time the mogul starts up again, it says " this tab has been removed from Today. Click here to configure the tabbed area. "

Does anyone else have this problem? Why isn't it loading my tabbed programs and weather ect...?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Coz-erator

Are you trying to load a tabbed program (e.g., WeatherPanel) and also trying to have it show up as a Today Screen plug-in at the same time? Go to your Today Screen settings and make sure that you have unchecked the programs/apps that you want to show up under the tabs.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software