PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MPG Calculator

And I hereby announce the first BETA version. Includes maintenance functionality. Still not sure about the DB overwrite issue(still deleting it) but it HAS CHANGED so you will need to loose your data and re-enter it. Next step might be the import/export.

More info at http://www.lulzsoft.com/wordpress/?p=26
Attached Files
File Type: cab gasmate_beta.1.CAB (300.6 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is the latest iteration of GasMate. I have made some slight UI tweaks and have started on the maintenance part. Right now the values are hard-coded but I will eventually have a settings page which will allow the user to set the intervals for maintenance warnings. I have set the flags in the CAB but it still is not respecting this.

The next step as I have said will be a settings page, and I will need to learn how to use the registry for that.....shouldn't be too hard.
Please download and test this and let me know if there are any bugs, or anything that should be added such as other maintenance or gas types etc....

http://www.lulzsoft.com/installers/gasmate_beta.11.CAB
http://www.lulzsoft.com/wordpress/?p=35

-Daniel
Attached Files
File Type: cab gasmate_beta.11.CAB (301.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

It would be useful I think to have user customizable maint/gas type (reg setting) I personally would prefer octane and there are various types of diesel now too (biodiesel comes in various mixes, ect...) actually that way it would be compatable with electric too kilawat/mile (just to cross check what the car tell you) ha..
Old 06-04-2009, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I skipped a number....... beta.12 was just not enough to bother releasing as it was mostly UI tweaks. Changes since .11:
  • Dynamic column width based on screen res(hey Microsoft, make this easier!!!)
  • new awesome settings page with registry settings for warnings
  • new gas types
  • bug fixes in SQL statements
The next version will most likely be Beta .20, which will have a logo, and possibly the ability to delete a row instead of nuking the whole table. I also need to work on not having the database removed.

What do I need from you? FEEDBACK! Please let me know what I can do to make this app better!

You WILL loose your data unless you copy the SDF file out and then back!

Cab: http://www.lulzsoft.com/installers/gasmate_beta_.13.CAB
http://www.lulzsoft.com/wordpress/?p=44

-Daniel

A reminder
You will need the .NET 3.5
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-0041345b3385

and SQLCE
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Attached Files
File Type: cab gasmate_beta_.13.CAB (305.5 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dlichterman; 06-04-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

looks nice, i have always wanted something like this for my phone. I have an Ipod touch and use it for something similar. look forward to trying your program out and will let you know how it goes
Old 06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I still think there should be a way for the user to set the various fuel types as they are different depending on your state/country. for example here in iowa we have e85 for ethanol. also there are different biodiesel blends depending again on region and homebrew.
also if you could look into the date format issue i'm having. I really prefer my date display (top bar) customized. I know other apps that had this issue in the past have found a way to fix.
maybe it would be easier/best to have a user.ini file or something where we can set our preferences.

great job btw, keep keeping on
Old 06-06-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New version! FP updated with info.

http://www.lulzsoft.com/wordpress/2009/06/05/beta-20c/
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started

I'd really like to try this program, but, well, I'm an idiot. I have no idea how to install SQLCE. I have downloaded the *.msi file but can't figure out how to install it on my phone. When I run the installer package it says it's installing, but the installation is to my desktop, nothing installs to the phone. What am I doing wrong? Is there supposed to be a cab file somewhere? TIA - sheureka
Old 06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

activesync or get the cab from
Code:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Devices\wce500\armv4i\sqlce.wce5.armv4i.CAB
@ dlichterman it would be helpful for you to upload the cab file here or your page (I would but I dont' want to be responsible for keeping it up to date or having ppl look thru the thread to find.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started

Thank you! It's not exactly intuitive, is it? You all need to remember we're not all geeks here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software