PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO 4g cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

Tinkturtle is keeping up the good workTinkturtle is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resco Explorer

I bought Resco Explorer in Feb. of 2008 for my HTC Touch. I upgraded my phone to a Touch Pro a two months ago. I reloaded all my old apps, re-registered any that needed a code to work and had no problems.

I went to use Resco Explorer today and it says I had to enter my registration code, which I did. But it says my name doesn't match the code. I had used it shortly after the upgrade with no problems. I kept all owner info the same from my Touch to my TP. So I asked Resco to send my registration key, to which they sent me a coupon for 50% off an updated version. I don't want an updated version, I want my old version, it worked perfectly well for the few times I used it. I've sent a new email requesting they honor my old code, which I bought.

Has anyone else run into this? When I bought the app it said nothing about an expiration date. What gives?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
Re: Resco Explorer

Did you reinstall from your original CAB or EXE file that you received when you purchased it, or did you download their most recent version and install that? I'm not sure when they made the change, but if your previous registered version was below Explorer 2008 ver 7.xx then your old reg code won't work if you installed a newer version. Same applies if you installed from the original then did an upgrade through the software OTA on the phone. Uninstall then try to reinstall your original version and use the original reg code. If all the owner info remained the same then that's the only thing I can think of.

As for the 50% off coupon, they state on their site that if your purchase was over a year ago they won't send the reg code to you but rather a discount for a new purchase:
Quote:
Retrieve registration code

This service will send you registration codes for products purchased within the last year.
In the case if your purchase is older than one year, you will receive 50% discount code for new purchase.
http://www.resco.net/support/technical/resend.asp

Old 04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DogPack6 is a n00b

I don't know about the resco registration and how it works, but did you make sure your touch pro owner information matches the name in your owner information on your old device? Some registration keys are keyed off the owner name.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Yea the newest resco definetely uses a different key, it is definetely worth it I can't use any other file explorers now. If they won't give you a new code you can use the old version. There are other ways to get the new code but all I can tell you is google is your friend.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

All my owner info is the same. I loaded the original .exe file in January when I bought the TP. I used the app a couple weeks ago and it was fine. I have the original reg. code. I just don't think it's right to have an app that I paid for expire forcing me to upgrade. Now if I wanted to upgrade then sure, charge me. But I didn't want to upgrade, it just expired on me.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Resco made good on my reg. key. They gave me the update for free and my old reg. key works with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software