PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Photo Contact Pro problem??

I have been running Photo Contact Pro for a few weeks & I keep having an annoying problem. I leave it running as I like the profile switcher at the bottom of the home screen:

The problem is, a few times everyday I get a screen saying "the system is trying to shut down Photo contact Pro" & asks yes or no to continue. If I don't pick no fairly quickly, it shuts down the program & the profile picker disappears.

Does anybody know how to solve this??

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Photo Contact Pro problem??

I have photo contact pro and I have never seen that on my Touch Pro nor the 6800 which is what i had it on originally. I have Alltel. What software are you trying to run when that come up I will see if I have on my phone and try to run it to find out if the same thing happens. I have had Photo Contact Pro from v5.06 now I am running v 5.11 If possible respond back and hopefully I have some of the same software
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

It seems to do it on a bunch of different stuff.

Today, it did it as I was trying to search for something on my storage card. Earlier it had done it when I opened google maps.

I have a TON of software & programming installed (Sling mobile/SMS-Chat W/TouchPal/Sirius WM5/WeatherPanel in 2nd today/a half dozen GPS apps/WMwifirouter/OperaMini/Wisbar Adv 3/Inesoft Phone4/Pocket Shiled/KinomaPlay etc etc etc etc)

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor

Strange. Sorry no answer I havent had a problem Hopefully someone else will see your post might have the same problem I use I lot of software also and like I said I have not recieved that message at all. Good luck
Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TyTn II
Carrier: AT&T

Aftashok is a n00b

would u happen to have the SKTools FreeUpRAM program on ur phone? I've gotten the same msg at times when I have too many apps running at the same time and my phone runs low on memory, and it does the same thing to Photo Contacts Pro v.5.11 .....only suggestion I have is to make sure you don't have many programs open at once, cuz since I've began monitoring such things, I haven't had that happen anymore...
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is it installed to your sd card?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
Is it installed to your sd card?
No, it's not.

To the previous poster, I do have SK Tools but I have never run the free RAM app -the Sprint TP never even comes close to "low mem" like my old Titan's did..........(back when we ran oxios 20 times a day)

~John
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

scaredwitless is just getting started

Sounds like you have some program setup to occasionally shut down background tasks. SKTools sounds like a likely culprit, it can be setup so as to run that freeupram bit as a shadow service.

Anyhow but your quick fix, would be opening up the main screen for photo contacts pro->tools->options->general, scroll to the very bottom and checkbox "ignore system exit request". I always do this anyway to ensure the photo contact pro minimizes whenever I press the X button, rather than close out. (and to avoid that dialogue box you keep getting)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredwitless View Post
tools->options->general, scroll to the very bottom and checkbox "ignore system exit request". I always do this anyway to ensure the photo contact pro minimizes whenever I press the X button, rather than close out. (and to avoid that dialogue box you keep getting)
Thankyou for this info, I completely missed that option somehow -I'm sure that will cure the problem..

~John
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

jmorton10, did that fix the problem? im having lots of problems with contacts pro. i just uninstalled it, all issues are gone. it conflics with spb mobileshell in lts of ways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software