PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sashimi Question?

Thanks to all you guys. I had given up using this app because I couldn't find any info. I have held off trying a 6.5 ROM because I didn't want spend untold hours getting my running. Now I can flash away!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
Here is what I do. I use a program called CeRegEditor which you install on your PC. It will connect to your phone and you can take a snapshot of the registry. I do this before installing a program. Then I install the program and compare the new registry with the original registry through CeRegEditor and it will hightlight the changes for you. You can then export any registry entries that changed or were created. Save those exported entries to import into Sashimi. This takes some time to do but you only have to do it one time for each program. I have also found that I only need to export the registry once and I can usually get away with installing 4-5 apps before I export it again because there aren't that many registry entries that change per program.

CeRegEditor can be downloaded for free here: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/
A quicker way is to use MSCEInf it'll let you see everything thats contain in a cab file including reg entries. All you have to do is run MSCEInf and drag and drop the cab you would like to analize
Attached Files
File Type: zip MSCEInfEn.zip (584.6 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:18 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I been wanting a cab that will make opera the default browser. I guess making a cab of a registry entry is to hard? How about having sashimi edit the registry? Check out post 6. Anyone know how to get sashimi to do this for me?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46593
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I been wanting a cab that will make opera the default browser. I guess making a cab of a registry entry is to hard? How about having sashimi edit the registry? Check out post 6. Anyone know how to get sashimi to do this for me?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46593
Here you go

Take your pick! I attached the reg file (zipped) and the cab file that will make the change for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab - Opera Default Browser.cab (1.3 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Opera Browser.zip (272 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Here you go

Take your pick! I attached the reg file (zipped) and the cab file that will make the change for you.
wow. you rock! so the zip is for sashimi? The cab is so much easier to work with I think Ill toss it in my sashimi folder. Did you find that cab or make it? Ive been looking for it or a cab maker forever! thanks again.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
wow. you rock! so the zip is for sashimi? The cab is so much easier to work with I think Ill toss it in my sashimi folder. Did you find that cab or make it? Ive been looking for it or a cab maker forever! thanks again.
Your welcome! thats what is good about forums
helping each other out. I made the cab.
I use WinCE Cab Manager. its expensive ($100)
but well worth it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software