PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:27 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sight Reader (Music reading App) updated 4-21-09

I thought I would post this in case any musical users out there might enjoy it.

SightReader is a simple yet fun PocketPC/SmartPhone application which can help you to learn sight reading. It features a 60-key configurable keyboard with sound. There are three running mode: Learning, Practice and Game. In learning mode, you click on keyboard. The matching note will be displayed on the staff. In practice and game mode, the application will randomly generate notes on the staff and you will find the key on the keyboard. It is a fun way to learn sight reading.

Updated version 1.1 fixed the display issue with high resolution devices(480x640, 480x800, etc).

also check out:

SightReader For Guitar is a Pocket PC/SmartPhone(with touch screen) application which can help you to learn sight reading. It features a standard guitar fretboard. You can switch between right hand and left hand views. There are three running mode: Learning, Practice and Game. In learning mode, you click on fretboard. The matching note will be displayed on the staff. In practice and game mode, the application will randomly generate notes on the staff and you will find the fret on fretboard. It is a fun way to learn sight reading for guitar player.

Changes in Version 1.1
* Removed bass clef
* Add dots to fretboard
* Add note display when click on a fret

Changes in Version 1.2
* User can choose certain range of notes to practice on
* Added 16 basic open string chords
* Fixed note out of range bug

Attached Files
File Type: cab SightReader11.cab (1.44 MB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SightReaderGuitar12.cab (1.47 MB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by santod; 05-09-2009 at 09:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: Sight Reader (Music reading App)

Very cool possibilities. I'm going to give this a try.
I play six instruments, 2 of them professionally, all by ear.
I taught myself all of them. Also taught myself to read and write leadsheets but I never could figure out the bass clef left-hand notes.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

No problem! I hope you enjoy and maybe even learn something new.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Hey, this is an excellent program altogether. The full 60-key keyboard is tiny in portrait mode but expands nicely to fill the screen in landscape. And the smaller keyboards are very finger friendly. Simple but very slick. I don't know who else would dig this as much as I am. It is definitely teaching me something new.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:04 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Glad to hear someone else is enjoying it! The keyboard is tiny in portrait, I agree. Landscape makes better use of it for sure.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Did you make this program?

If so, I have a couple suggestions:

1. Make it more VGA friendly. It has issues running on my Touch Pro.
2. When you press the wrong key, instead of using a MessageBox, display something on screen to the user so they don't have to click OK every time they get one wrong. It'd be frustrating for beginners.

Great program idea, though.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

Dude,
This is fantastic. I was just looking for something like this as I am about to start teaching some music lessons. This is a great tool to give to some students. If you developed this send me a PM. Ive a few ideas to run by you.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

There is a new version available, Sightreader v1.1 that fixes the display issues for phones with higher resolution screens(VGA/WVGA)

Quote:
Updated version 1.1 fixed the display issue with high resolution devices(480x640, 480x800, etc).

SightReader is simple yet fun PocketPC/SmartPhone application which can help you to learn sight reading. It features a 60-key configurable keyboard with sound. There are three running mode: Learning, Practice and Game. In learning mode, you click on keyboard. The matching note will be displayed on the staff. In practice and game mode, the application will randomly generate notes on the staff and you will find the key on the keyboard. It is a fun way to learn sight reading.

This application is part of the Dev2Help project. To help us to help others, please visit www.dotnetideas.com for detail.
This is a pretty neat little application.

-Keir-
Attached Files
File Type: cab SightReader11.cab (1.44 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

I installed it, but I don't see it anywhere, in Programs or even in Remove Programs. What in the world do you call it? Why don't you simply call it SightReader?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

I never did find it in Programs, but I found it in Remove Programs. It's called DotNetIdeas. I simply removed it. Again, I never did find it in Programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software