PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

quantum_kaos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to quantum_kaos
Outlook Mobile

Hey all, if this is not the right place to put this, I apologize!

But my company has an exchange server and I can sync it through my phone using IMAP.

It works flawlessly except one thing, which unfortunately is a major thing, haha-- it doesn't sync and download the emails in the subdirectories.

For example I have set up rules for certain employees, leads and groups to move to a specific folder. Something like

Inbox
|___>John Smith
|___>Jane Doe

etc.etc.etc.

But yeah, is there any way I can get it to sync the folders I've created with rules through the default mobile outlook program, and if not, is there a program out there worth looking at that can do it?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: One more thing. When I set the email up on the phone. It does in fact put all the directories in place that I had created on my computer. But the emails just don't get to the folders. The only emails that show up on my phone are the ones that show up in the main inbox.

Last edited by quantum_kaos; 03-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

xenokira is becoming a great contributor
Re: Outlook Mobile

In Outlook Mobile, press Menu->Tools->Manage Folders. Now, select the folders you would like to be sent to the phone.

If you're connecting to an exchange server with Outlook Mobile, why do you have it configured to use IMAP and not Exchange? Having it configured as an Exchange will give you direct push and some other nice features.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800

richardhkirkando is a n00b

Using the Exchange protocol may also help conserve battery life, so you might as well use it. If you have Outlook Web Access available from the outside, Exchange Activesync should work.

For your second question, are you seeing all messages delivered to your inbox (including those that normall go to other folders), or just the normal "inbox" emails and none of the messages that get delivered to other folders?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

quantum_kaos is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to quantum_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokira View Post
In Outlook Mobile, press Menu->Tools->Manage Folders. Now, select the folders you would like to be sent to the phone.

If you're connecting to an exchange server with Outlook Mobile, why do you have it configured to use IMAP and not Exchange? Having it configured as an Exchange will give you direct push and some other nice features.
Ok I am going to try that right now.

The reason I connect through Imap is because it won't sync through exchange unless I have the phone actually connected to the computer. With IMAP it helps me greatly when I am on the road. (I travel 2 weeks out of the month)

For some reason it won't sync the folders by pressing send receive after I managed the folders I wanted. Granted, I am sure it would sync if I managed folders through the actual exchange side of the phone. But right now through IMAP it doesn't work. It's gotta be something with outlook mobile not able to sync the rules because I once set up the exchange server through outlook 2007 on my computer via IMAP and it synced everything correctly.

Wait I think I got it!

Man you were totally right. I feel like such a noob. When I went to manage folders and checked the main directory that held all the sub directories, I assumed that it checked all of the folders beneath it. But it didn't, I just had to go in there and manually check all the folders.

Thanks again for helping me!!!

Last edited by quantum_kaos; 03-20-2009 at 01:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software