PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Programming with .Net3.5 for MW(advanced help)

I heard its very easy to make programs using .NET Compact for windows mobile? Does anyone know where I can learn more. or download a program creator or something? If I can get my hands on this I will slave to make some really awesome games and look alikes for WM phones becuz I'm tired of not seething enough stuff. Oh, and I will do it for free.

Get your hands on one
http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Tempore...1032183&sr=8-1

If I help Then look Right Over Here------------>

--------------press the button--------------->
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work
Re: Programming with .Net3.5 for MW(advanced help)

I hope this is not a stupid question
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This is what I found while looking around.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...42.aspx#WMApps

Visual Studio 2005

edit: Any Help?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - Standard Rom
Carrier: Orange UK

MikeHalliday is keeping up the good workMikeHalliday is keeping up the good workMikeHalliday is keeping up the good work

Check out www.arianesoft.ca. We have 'Pocket Programming Language' that allows you to create software for Windows Mobile devices (2003 to 6.1) without using Visual Studio or .NET!

It also allows development directly on the device without a PC or laptop.

Hope this helps you create some masterpieces to share with us all.

Mike.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHalliday View Post
Check out www.arianesoft.ca. We have 'Pocket Programming Language' that allows you to create software for Windows Mobile devices (2003 to 6.1) without using Visual Studio or .NET!

It also allows development directly on the device without a PC or laptop.

Hope this helps you create some masterpieces to share with us all.

Mike.
your my angel
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I use VS 2005.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so there is no free software? Plus im not a programmer so do i have to learn programming?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & HTC Touch

SomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the community

It sounds like your looking for a visual tool to help you develop applications without coding. I'm pretty sure there are none, atleast none that are free. You will need to learn some style of programming language to build the basic of windows mobile apps, let alone a game. There are many languages that you can use C/C++, Java, .NET(C#, VB, J#, etc), PPL, Objective C, etc.

I recommend downloading MS Visual Studio Express (FREE) and getting a C# for Dummies book. That will give you the basics in Object Oriented Programming (OOP). Make a few "Hello World" Desktop Apps, then once you feel comfortable move to Windows Mobile. You won't be able to get up to speed overnight, so you'll have to be patient. With .NET/C# you'll be limited a little but you'll be able to do atleast 85% of what you can do with C++.

--------------------------------------
sMMS Picture Mail v0.8.3.14000 - Sprint
Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - Standard Rom
Carrier: Orange UK

MikeHalliday is keeping up the good workMikeHalliday is keeping up the good workMikeHalliday is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyMMS View Post
It sounds like your looking for a visual tool to help you develop applications without coding. I'm pretty sure there are none, atleast none that are free. You will need to learn some style of programming language to build the basic of windows mobile apps, let alone a game. There are many languages that you can use C/C++, Java, .NET(C#, VB, J#, etc), PPL, Objective C, etc.

I recommend downloading MS Visual Studio Express (FREE) and getting a C# for Dummies book. That will give you the basics in Object Oriented Programming (OOP). Make a few "Hello World" Desktop Apps, then once you feel comfortable move to Windows Mobile. You won't be able to get up to speed overnight, so you'll have to be patient. With .NET/C# you'll be limited a little but you'll be able to do atleast 85% of what you can do with C++.

I guess it also depends on what you want to do and how quick. - I downloaded Visual Studio Express, installed it, tried it, then went on to PPL. I programmed professionally in the early 90s using DOS and clipper and assembler, but for some reason I can't get my head round OOP! VS is scarey! :S

I can do almost anything I want using PPL, but unfortunately it has its drawbacks. This is not a complaint, I love PPL and support it 1000% but MS has billions to throw at development languages so they can afford to give versions away and they can also afford to develop everything you want (3d, multi touch etc).

The smaller companies definately need a chance to shine through and allow us to easily develop applications for our windows mobile devices. Arianesoft is bring back the 'Homebrew' style development community - GOOD FOR THEM, thats what I say. I really miss those days of sharing knowledge and help.

Why should we rely on Microsoft when there are suitable alternatives like PPL? Especially when these alternatives allow beginners to create applications without having to be master programming gurus?

Just my 2pence worth- Each to their own I guess!

Mike
Old 03-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (MOGUL)

the_overlord is just getting started

I also use Visual Studio 2005 for my IDE and prefer C#, but have used Visual Basic.net from time to time.

check out this reference, it should give you everything you need to know to get started developing for WinMo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software