PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If an app like this doesn't already exist, do you think one should be developed?
Yes, I'd use this app 13 52.00%
No, it's not necessary 5 20.00%
I don't care, I wouldn't use it even if it did exist. 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Stylus Alert

Sorry if this has been asked already...I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

I was wondering if anyone knows of an application that would inform you that the stylus has been removed by either a message on the screen, an icon in the taskbar, or by flashing the light around the scroll wheel.

I was using my phone late the other night, tweaking away on it as I was starting to fall asleep, and I ended up going to bed and hooking it up to the charger, not even realizing that I had forgotten to put the stylus back in. Luckily the next day, I was able to find where the cat had ran off to it with, after stealing it off of the coffee table.

Just thought that it'd be cool if there was a program that could continually flash the light around the scroll wheel, or use some other way to remind you that you've got the stylus out and/or alert you that it has fallen out.

I used to have a DotFred app I used on my Mogul to let me know when the storage card was removed or had fallen out. With the memory card secured under the battery cover on the Touch Pro, I don't really need that app anymore, but one that would alert me to the stylus being out could definitely come in handy.

Thanks in advance to anyone that could point me in the direction of an app like this, if any exist....or to anyone(No2Chem???) willing to write a program with these capabilities.

-Keir-

Poll: If an app like this doesn't already exist, do you think it is one that should be developed?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Re: Stylus Alert

I know Gyrator can sense the stylus being removed, but the options it gives don't include what you are looking for. It can play a sound, vibrate, simulate a keypress(this has potential if you can make it runa a separate program via maybe aebplus or something), rotate the svreena dna few other device based things tho.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hi there. Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=1 i believe its exactly what you're looking for. i use it and it work great.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Thanks for the link dschoenike... I am going to try that out, since I lost my stylus for the first time last weekend.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Thanks for the link dschoenike... I am going to try that out, since I lost my stylus for the first time last weekend.
Oh bummer i hear those are hard to find replacements. Im gonna make a bold prediction here, and guarantee you'll like that app. It hides in the backround, uses little to no battery power, and works exactly the way it says it will.
dschoenike
Old 03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks like a cool app..i'll give it a try.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

it really works well. I think im gonna just start a new thread, so maybe more people can/will check it out and just download the cab from ppcgeeks. Mods can maybe merge it with this if need be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software