PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wmVista (BETA)

I have been waiting for this to release on XDA for months now and it finally did today. Here is the original post.
I played around with it and it looks very promising.
Be sure to read the readme.txt file so you know about the disabled features and other things.

Quote:
Overview:
wmVista is currently in the final prebeta stage. This software was created by Trent Seed. Features:

*Attractive looking Vista layer that runs on top of the WM6 framework.
*Desktop with movable shortcuts
*Similar menu structure for easy reference.
*Vista sound Scheme
*Gadgets! All of that information that is crammed onto the windows mobile today screen will have a gadget that one can either enable or disable.
*Free of Charge! Enjoy! The first Vista "port" for Windows Mobile 5/6/6.1!
wmVista 0.2 Beta Video Perview:
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9H9UuUuq8

Quote:
*UPDATE Feb 21, 2009*
Sorry for the additional delay. Today, the download link will be posted for the public prebeta.
Please send any feedback to tmseed@live.com. Make sure to read the readme file so you are aware what is to come, and what features are still disabled. Thanks. Please let me know if the cab files doesnt work. I've tested it and it worked fine for me.
Direct download here

dwizzy130
Attached Files
File Type: zip wmVistaCAB.CAB.zip (2.38 MB, 621 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dwizzy130; 02-21-2009 at 06:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor
Re: wmVista (BETA)

Wow, this REALLY looks cool!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Mogul Omnia
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

rkidd is just getting started

Works great i have it on my omnia cant wait for final
Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM
iPhone Killer
Threadstarter

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
Wow, this REALLY looks cool!
Yea it is.
It doesn't have too many features yet, so right now it is just at the totally impress your friends stage, but the future releases will have many more features.

dwizzy130
Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

I get to the login screen and it won't let me do anything
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im guessing is only qvga??

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:54 PM
iPhone Killer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb13 View Post
I get to the login screen and it won't let me do anything
If it's the first time you've used it, just hit the login button and it should log in. If not, idk, email him at the address he provided and tell him details about your situation.

dwizzy130
Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM
iPhone Killer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
im guessing is only qvga??
I'm not sure about this either.
Someone posted and said it works on their Omnia which is WQVGA so idk.
Try it and find out.

dwizzy130
Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

vga????

Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
iPhone Killer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
vga????
Try it and find out.
I only have a QVGA Titan to try it out on.

dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software