PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blackberry Connect for HTC Phones

The other thread was closed per OP...i have no idea what that means. So if we arent supposed to speak about this...uhm my bad I guess. Anyway I have a ATT Tytn II that i use Blackberry Connect for HTC and it works great. I love it once i gave up my curve. Im told it will only work on the tytn and touch pro running on the 4.2 blackberry os. However it doesnt work on any of my CDMA HTC phones.

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Blackberry Connect for HTC Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
The other thread was closed per OP...i have no idea what that means. So if we arent supposed to speak about this...uhm my bad I guess. Anyway I have a ATT Tytn II that i use Blackberry Connect for HTC and it works great. I love it once i gave up my curve. Im told it will only work on the tytn and touch pro running on the 4.2 blackberry os. However it doesnt work on any of my CDMA HTC phones.
OP means Origanal Poster, I had Coz close it due to no CDMA support
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

FYI...even though the majority of us are CDMA users, there are still many around here who have GSM.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ooooh i see. Yeah Im sure the current software isnt set up for CDMA some of the info the software asks for isnt supported by CDMA phones...however I have heard there will be a CDMA version but the GSM market was easier for blackberry to test the software. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
That's what I was afraid of. I keep hoping something will come out for those of us on the CDMA side, but still no BB love for us yet.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well keep hope alive though. The pics ive seen online arent of the same interface im running on my phone so maybe the new version will be CDMA ready. The report never said GSM only but i know that applies to the current software. The odd thing was it said it would run 4.2 blackberry os and i have used blackberry's for quite some time...the images i saw were not of 4.2 at all. Unless they revamp the icon sets for different carriers but i doubt it.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Did you guys mean this? - http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...f-htc-devices/

Looks promising. Has anyone tried?

edit - NM, lol. GSM only
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
FYI...even though the majority of us are CDMA users, there are still many around here who have GSM.
Yea thats true, I know a larger amount of users on ppcgeeks is using CDMA, so thats why I decided to have that thread closed, I didn't want to be a tease
Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

This might seem like a stupid question but did anyone who tried to use CDMA have a bberry on the line before? Or did you just add the bberry feature to your plan?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

I tried it about 4-5 months ago when I had a BB Curve for my job. I put my mogul on that account and tried getting it set up but could never get it to work. I no longer have a BB for work so I cant try it out without modifying my plan, which I don't really want to do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software