PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Carrier: Verizon

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash Enabled Opera Browser?

Is there a way to enable Flash on the Opera browser without a custom ROM? I tried the new version of Skyfire, but I much prefer the Opera browser and was wondering if there was a way to get flash objects to work. Any ideas?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Flash Enabled Opera Browser?

installed the file (flashlite 3.1) on to my touch pro with the stock sprint rom, and the videos look great within the opera browser. should work for you, just install to the device, not a memory card.

sorry, i removed the flashlite file. I thought i saw around here that we werent supposed to post that file for some reason. pm me if you would like it.

Last edited by dschoenike; 02-12-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: removed a file
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

The latest version of opera includes flash. Works perfect on my touch.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Am i missing something because ive tried all of the tricks to try to get flash to work in opera and still cant. Ive tried flashlite and also juggalos version but cant ever get it to work. Im always to embarrased to ask cause nobody els seems to have a problem. im running mighty's newest rom.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

No versions of opera "include flash", however, some are compatible with it. None work with flash 100% though. Some sites will work and some won't. Youtube will work in desktop mode with Opera 15445.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800,PPC 6900, Sprint TP
Carrier: TP + Sprint employee plan ($25) = AWWWW DAAAAMN!!!

KaziWingX is a n00b

wow, its great that i found this thread. on my TP, im still running the stock version of opera and i also have flash player 7 installed but videos still dont run on opera. i have skyfire but i think the video quality is horrible on that and the new version that was just released looks blocky on my phone.

any ideas guys?
“Aspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you.”

--Miamoto Musashi
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaziWingX View Post
wow, its great that i found this thread. on my TP, im still running the stock version of opera and i also have flash player 7 installed but videos still dont run on opera. i have skyfire but i think the video quality is horrible on that and the new version that was just released looks blocky on my phone.

any ideas guys?
i know!!! everyone tells says they have it workingg and for the life of me i cant get it. Im sure its probably really simple.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaziWingX View Post

any ideas guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
i know!!! everyone tells says they have it workingg and for the life of me i cant get it. Im sure its probably really simple.
The stock opera no workey workey with flash. I told you a couple of posts up what version to use. Use it with flashlite 3, not flash 7. Use the search function, don't be lazy, the answers are out there already.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i just tried to install conflippers 15445 onto my diamond and it was unsuccessful
i also tried to install 15529 but it was also unsuccessful

trying to install over mighty rom's opera build 15316

i got the juggalo flash 3.1 installed already but 15316 still doesnt show any working flash, so im hoping the latest builds will work better if i can get either installed.

edit: also tried to install an alternative 15445 thats not conflipper but is like 7MB in size.. unsuccessful

Last edited by Torx; 02-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
i just tried to install conflippers 15445 onto my diamond and it was unsuccessful
i also tried to install 15529 but it was also unsuccessful

trying to install over mighty rom's opera build 15316

i got the juggalo flash 3.1 installed already but 15316 still doesnt show any working flash, so im hoping the latest builds will work better if i can get either installed.

edit: also tried to install an alternative 15445 thats not conflipper but is like 7MB in size.. unsuccessful
Mighty might not have not made his Opera OEM files not "read only", so you can't install over it. You could prolly use total commander and change the files from read only, then install over. Or use TC to remove the opera files, then cab install. Also, make sure you're browsing as desktop mode. Flash in Opera is not that great anyway, and only works with some sites. Can also crash opera sometimes. For flash just stick to skyfire.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software