PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment from Vouge
Carrier: Sprint

Mr_wrong_0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_wrong_0
PTT on touch

So I know sprint and nextel are compeleatly differant networks (cdma vs iden) but is there any program that gives a person the ability to use a PTT or chirp function between phones using the internet? Like if two people installed it and had unlimited data could they do PTT via the internet? I found one called iTalkie but it messed up my phone to the point that I had to do a hard reset.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: PTT on touch

until qchat comes out for winmo I think that the best alternative is palringo
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

+1 on palringo
Old 02-06-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Mr_wrong_0 is a n00b

Ok I can see how that might work but we can do that now with messenger I was hoping for something that would not require that the recieving person to open a program, and preferably have more than one person hear it at a time.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Palringo is definitely the way to go. Can PTT with other cells who have it and computers with microphones. Free is always nice too!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How does Palringo actually work? I thought that was an IM program?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wytecaztle is keeping up the good workwytecaztle is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: PTT on touch

Here is a link to loudtalks ptt program. http://loudtalks.com its free like the others has a desktop app to to chirp someone from there also...used it a couple times with some buddies...it will record every conversation you have with the other person too if you ptt someone and someone else trys to ptt you it will record the missed ptt after you are done with the previous one. Works pretty good I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_wrong_0 View Post
So I know sprint and nextel are compeleatly differant networks (cdma vs iden) but is there any program that gives a person the ability to use a PTT or chirp function between phones using the internet? Like if two people installed it and had unlimited data could they do PTT via the internet? I found one called iTalkie but it messed up my phone to the point that I had to do a hard reset.

Last edited by wytecaztle; 02-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
How does Palringo actually work? I thought that was an IM program?
How it does it I am not 100%... But yes, Palringo works as an IM program and a PTT program. Very nice program. I have yahoo, hotmail, and live accounts all set up on palringo and can be contacted on any of those all at once.

Also, you can set up "chat rooms" to talk with certain people all at once. We have a ppcgeeks room. Check it out.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Mr_wrong_0 is a n00b

Thanks eveyone I've been using Palringo for a few days but it's been a little buggy. It seems to make my speaker shut off and make the phone freeze up so I think I'll do without it. I am going to try Loudtalks soon I hope it works as well with less problems. I'd like to hear from anyone else about loudtalks or palringo or anyother programs.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc wizard

henryl is a n00b
ptt for free on windows mobile

i rarely post im usually the leacher searching for new stuff cus i felt that wm has been at a stand still app wise everyone else has surp***** us...did a search and this has been spoken about but its too good to keep buried
loudtalks lite for windows mobile...its amazing ptt no strings attached even chirps like a nextel...its a beta so it has its bugs such as addin a contact which you have to both request each othe then wait but other than the slight lag in delivery time it is AMAZING ive told all my wm ppl in other forums and we have been two wayin up a storm and it works through wifi and data so no charges (less you dont have unlimited but who doesnt these days) try it guys its amazing and my sn is the_cool =] yay my first post lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software