PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync Exchange and passwords

I've been wondering this for a while: Why is it that when I plug my phone in to sync it always asks me for my Exchange password? I tell it to save but it never seems to do it. It accepts the password and over-the-air Exchange sync works flawlessly. It's just something that comes up every time I plug in my Touch Pro. Happened on my Mogul as well.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi
Re: Activesync Exchange and passwords

Your Exchange Server Admin may be enforcing a policy that requires your password to be re-entered after inactivity...see attached jpg.

Although that doesn't quite explain the behavior....I haven't actually used it so I don't know how it affects the device, though.

In any case, if it affected both devices, it's very likely server-side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exchange.jpg (53.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

strommsarnac is just getting started
Re: Activesync Exchange and passwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamokazi View Post
Your Exchange Server Admin may be enforcing a policy that requires your password to be re-entered after inactivity...see attached jpg.

Although that doesn't quite explain the behavior....I haven't actually used it so I don't know how it affects the device, though.

In any case, if it affected both devices, it's very likely server-side.
You are correct. This is controlled on the server. Even though it's annoying to the end users, from a business owner's perspective it's using smart security practices.

Imagine, your employee leaves his phone on the bus/train/client's desk. Next thing you know, someone has sent tons of evil messages to all your company's business accounts. Not to mention the local email and deleted all of the employees email, contacts and calendar appointments FROM THE SERVER. All gone. Bye bye. Kind of hard for the tech guy to be pissed if the tech guy allowed it to happen. Boss should be pissed at the tech guy, but it's more likely the employee will take the flack because the boss doesn't have a clue why this mess happened.

With that one simple prompt, only the phone can be messed with. Not the business's server.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software