PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backup software testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Ah this is still going on, gr8 testing Mr.Morton. Best statement is to use free trial and make a pick.
LOL, I figured you would get a kick out of it.......

~John
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

interested to see what u find. i gave up on them all togeather, just put my tweaks into shashimi, but thats a little clumsy.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
interested to see what u find. i gave up on them all togeather, just put my tweaks into shashimi, but thats a little clumsy.
Yea, that's certainly the best way to do it but I never figured out how to use sashimi & there is no way I was going to rebuild this system from scratch.......

~John
Old 02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steelersmb is keeping up the good worksteelersmb is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
+1 for SPB Backup. Been using it for years.

Definitely recommend it, even over Sprite.
Same here. Been using it for a long time and have done a lot of restores with it and never had a problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I am still testing different scenarios. My BU phone is a two week old TP flashed to scrosler's standard ROM & absolutely LOADED with apps/programs etc.

This morning, I did a new BU with SPB & then hard reset it. I then did a "full restore" with SPB BU. The restore claimed it was successful, but it is now stuck at this screen (& I soft reset it about 6 times):

This has happened to me more than once now with SPB. I NEVER had any problems like this when I used SPB on my older Titan's. I just hard reset it again & it is in the process of restoring again to see if it makes any difference (it shouldn't, but in the past I have found that it sometimes produces a different result the second time)

~John
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

could the prob be tf3d, I dont use it so never have that prob...lol
Old 02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
could the prob be tf3d, I dont use it so never have that prob...lol
Yea, everything else seemed to work OK but TF3D can be awfully touchy about any kind of changes I have found. I just tried a restore with Resco & TF loaded fine from that restore however, so my opinion of Resco is going up the more I use it.........

~John
Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, now I have done two more hard reset & restore operations while I was killing time at work......

Here is the result of a Sprite restore I just did (the 2nd SPB restore produced the same result as the first, TF3D refused to load) That is TF3D HD running in this shot:

The Resco restore looked exactly the same & both seemed to work just fine.

More testing to come, but at least in this case Sprite & Resco where basically identical & SPB loses out.

~John
Old 02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So all of your WiFi setting and various other settings were all restored?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So all of your WiFi setting and various other settings were all restored?
Yea, the Sprite & Resco restores are perfect.

All five email accounts work, my work account that I sign into, WiFi etc...

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software