PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Navigation update

why would I have to enter a pin now, when I never had to before. Wont that allow some sort of tracking to go on from Sprint?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Did you have the sprintNav on before you tried?
uninstall telenav and if you can, sprintnav
If not nomatter, reinstall sprintnav and login
A normal SprintNav install should not give problems.

OR just reinstall TeleNav
Should work second try.
After you name , upon login, enter your pin.
It is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
You should be in.
If not, check to have your device with carrier cab installed.

Still having issues with TeleNav, I installed the Sprint cab and it worked until I installed the TeleNav. When the TeleNav cab is installed it said that my subscription is expired and I have to pay for the services now?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
Still having issues with TeleNav, I installed the Sprint cab and it worked until I installed the TeleNav. When the TeleNav cab is installed it said that my subscription is expired and I have to pay for the services now?
You're only allowed to use Telenav (the version without Sprint branding) for a trial period at best.

See this comment of mine from an older related thread for details.

If Telenav never worked for you at all, you can probably call Telenav and they can enable a trial for you, but you can't use the Telenav app long term unless you pay an extra $9.99/month for the TeleNav Track Basic Plan add on. The Telenav trial is short, only a week or 2. But if you're looing for something better than Sprint Navigation, you might want to see a comparison I did of some navigation programs a while back.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Very useful comparison, Darnell, thanx.

I may be wrong but as I know it, IF you have the data plan already and have SprintNav as part of your package, then the TeleNav will work, just enter the pin it uses to know you are subscribed, which should be the last 4digit of your phone number.

When that happened to me in the past, with the older TeleNav, I had to also install the SprintNav after it asked for any subscription, then reinstall TeleNav on top, because it "sees" the SprintNav subscription files.

But now the "exe" files are not named the same so..
I will keep using and post any results on this issue.

EDIT: ok Good news! ALL OK so far with this version.
I have been using this version for 9 days and no problems with any time limits, trial or any problem or change in software.

I am now going to flash another rom so if there was any time limit (which I doubt on new version) I won't be able to find out any more.
Since I have SprintNav in my plan and my saved locations online with them I doubt users like me will have trial problems.
If anyone finds out and there is one, just re-install.
In fact I believe most users will flash another rom at least once a month so we may never find out if there was one

TREmp77,
The sprintNav always had a pin assigned to you, you just didnt know it.
You can check in the SprintNav version program that doesn't need the entry.
You will find it by going to : tools&extras / about / My account info.

EDIT: Update on Telenav expiring
I have finally got Televav to expire by using a rom (not on PPCGeeks) that did not list phone number info in :start/settings/system/device info
Televav expired on second try within minutes after installing.
Remedy was just installing sprint version along side.
Now both installed and working on that rom.
So solution for the Telenav expiring problem, if it ever happens to you, is to have both versions installed, or use another rom

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-20-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
For those people with "expired" accounts;

several months ago, I installed a non carrier specific Telenav cab. At first, Telenav wouldn't let me sign in, so I called Telenav (because I knew with Sprint it was part of my service). 1 88 TeleNav 4 (1-888-353-6284).
For some reason, my "telenav" account expired. I didn't even know I had one but apparently they have accounts for your Sprint number already in their system. I told the person I was with Sprint and they just reactivated it for me. Your password should be the last 4 digits of your phone number.

In any event, the cab with regedits (from post 67) is working for me so far, 2 days on my phone so far.
How do you already get Telenav via Sprint? If you're on an "Everything" Plan, you're not eligible for Telenav, just Sprint Navigation and there is a difference. (Although Telenav provides service for both, you're only eligible for the Sprint branded package if on an Everything Plan.) Unless you're paying $9.99/month for a TeleNav Track Basic Plan, which is not part of the "Everything" Plan, your Telenav software will expire again in a week or 2. Basically, if you're not paying 9.99/month for a TeleNav Track Basic Plan, Telenav has done nothing but extend your "trial" and in a week or 2 it's going to expire again. The folks at Telenav might have told you they "reactivated" your service, but in their system it will reconcile and expire you automatically if all you have is a Sprint Everything Plan. "Everything" does not include unlimited use of Telenav software (without the Sprint branding), just Sprint Navigation. I only say this, because I made that mistake in the past and after a time or 2 of Telenav "reactivating" service I got the real scoop.

Please read this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

ok, my bad...you were right. I'm expired. LOL.

but...

I can confirm that you can run telenav 5.5 if you have SprintNav installed on your phone (as suggested in 67). I had to request my pin from the telenav site the first time I logged on (on prompt from the software) which I recieved by SMS and email (again, it was the last 4 digits of my phone number).

Now I'd like to know why this works. The programs are located in seperate folders so what files does Telenav need to access from SprintNav to make it work? Maybe SprintNav leaves a regedit that goes away when you uninstall it? Perhaps it will still work if I just delete the SprintNav folder?

update: I deleted SprintNav folder and Telenav still works. Whatever remnants the SprintNav left in other folders apparently keeps Telenav working.

Last edited by juddrl; 08-28-2009 at 08:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: franklinmall
Carrier: asdf

franklinmall is a n00b

I just subscribed to Sprint Nav
(Seen here: http://blog.telenav.com/blog/2009/09...find-your-way/) (or TeleNav ) and was wondering if there was any cheaper GPS software?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software