PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cyberwolfen1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Live Search Problems

I have e problem using Live search on my HTC Pro WM6.1. When i try to search an address from directions tap it goes to directions Start and End with options to change either one of them. The problem appears when I try to change End (New Ending Location) it allays goes back as We couldn't find any results for........NEAR HOME.
For some reason it searches only around the place that the GPS sensor is detecting a location, instead of searching the address typed. This is under "directions" tap and It was not like that before- I've been using the application for 3-4 years on my old WM5 phone and never had problems before.
What it does is instead of searching addresses in the whole US, it searches the same as one would search from Categories tab and give you same results in 25 mile radius around the location place of an input. Somehow it is mixed up. When you hit direction it give you Start (option to change) and End with option to change. Then you should put a new location- either starting or ending. When you choose new location there are these options: To Speak or Type location and Current GPS, Recent, Point on Map, Contacts, list Cities. It does the same thing every time i type ZIP or address- Ends on ....Near your current location that you've put for start the road. I'm able to choose on the map and it calculate the road and works fine, also works with preset addresses and locations that are coming with the program, the only problem is when you try to change one of the start/end values. Then again same thing- could not find zip/address/place.......Near start. I did use it earlier this morning and it was working fine and perfect as always. And then in the afternoon i was preparing my roads for tomorrow and then it started. Reinstall is not changing it. I'm looking for older versions to see if that will help. Thank You!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Live Search Problems

Yea, this latest version is all messed up.

There was a long thread here recently warning people not to DL the latest upgrade.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

What's the best way to fix this?

I have done a hard reset and I still get problems.

Anyone have the old version which they can post?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had this one since November 19, at least that's what the date modified says...
Attached Files
File Type: cab LiveSearchWM6.CAB (934.9 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

Thank you.

I found an old version posted on PPCGeeks.com which is version 2.5.2908.31943 .

I appreciate your help but can you post what version your copy is?
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

TREmp77's Live Search that he uploaded is version 3.5.8198.0

Everything works!

Your help has been greatly appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software