PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Total Outlook and PPC Synchronization

Ok so here is the situation, I have a home desktop computer, Tablet PC laptop, and my PPC, along with my Mail2Web account. Is it possible at all to Sync both my home computers with Mail2Web in the same way my PPC does? Basically I am looking for the ability to simply have all 3 devices sync off of my Mail2Web account so that I can have all devices with the same information and not have to sync up my PPC to each computer. And so in return if I am at school on my Tablet and add a test or something, my PPC will just pick it up from MAil2Web along with my home computer. Any luck in how I might configure this? The only reason I am asking is because I hate Outlook and have no clue what I'm doing when using it really ... thanks!!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yeap u can do it, but you have to pay for personaly exchange which is 1.99 a month. Not bad. But I dont need it that much
~mike

Old 08-31-2006, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SMix is a n00b
who would I have to pay? Mail2Web? and is that a per computer based fee? like 2 x $1.99 since I have two other computers?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yea u would pay mail2web. theres an option to upgrade on there site to the package called personal exchange. And its 1.99 a month and I don't think it matters how many u sync with.
~mike
Old 08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SMix is a n00b
Sweet! I just looked into this today ... looks pretty interesting ... its like exchange for personal use without the difficulty of setting it all up ... SWEET!! for only $1.99/month ... not bad at all ... thanks wide!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Founder & Owner

no problem
Old 10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SMix is a n00b
so I have been screwing around with this and finally tried to get it setup with my desktop ... it turns out that the personal exchange option does not allow for exchange synchronizing with the desktop ... you need to upgrade to a Business Exchange account with the Professional account type to get this access ... not only does it require more money ($11.95/month) it also requires you have your own domain or get them to register one for you ... aka no using my mail2web.com email ...

So HERE is the question ... anybody know if it is possible to fool the server into thinking my desktop is my PPC? Or running ActiveSync on the computer to sync with the server like the PPC does? And then have ActiveSync put the synchronized info into my desktop? I figure there must be a way to do it ... I just don't know how ...

HELP!?!?!?! LoL
Old 10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Founder & Owner

I will check this out alittle later but when I read the info that I posted it said that I promise. r u sure u can't? r u usng the correct settings? they r different from the ppc settings....
~mike
Old 10-02-2006, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SMix is a n00b
yes ... I actually talked to the company ... it sucks ...
Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Founder & Owner

ugh that does suc....I apologize but could have sworn that's what it said....I mean swore...but oh well sorry if I caused u any inconvenience. I will see what I can do.....and well I apologize one more gen.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software