PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to watch tv

Sling Box Pro ( The HD Model ) is Hands Down the best solution for watching TV on your Phone. If it's configured correctly and you have a Good Home Router and Signal on your Phone. Sling Box Pro can't be Touched.

The Touch Pro screen is so clear that it looks like your have a portable plasma TV in your Hands.

Not to mention with Sling box you can watch every channel that your Home Cable has. You can even watch Home DVD's from anywhere in the world on your phone. I can go on and on with the Slingbox features but I'll stop here.

ALi
Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
"At home on your 50" Samsung Plasma"
I'm a fan of this idea too.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
Sling Box Pro ( The HD Model ) is Hands Down the best solution for watching TV on your Phone.
I agree, I have the HD Pro (& that allows me to watch a DIFFERENT channel than the person at home)

I will state what happened to me with the HAVA setup that I started with first. I original went with the HAVA that is only $50 less than the SB because it offered more features for the money. Both Sling & HAVA are easy enough to setup that anybody who can't figure it out has no business reading this site IMHO.

My first HAVA set up in no time & worked great & at that point I was wondering why ANYBOBY would buy a Slingbox. I found out three weeks later when the thing stopped working (it was totally DOA). I called HAHA's tech support & had to call back a few times to get someone I could understand (I still think English was his 3rd language however). They told me "no problem, we will send you a replacement unit".

I was kind of in a hurry, so I asked them to send it fedex overnight & gave them a CC to cover the extra shipping charge. Well, they did fedex the package (& charged me the full ON shipping charge), the problem was they didn't send it out for over a week!! I was already pretty p!ssed about that, so imagine how I felt when the new unit was DOA right out of the box.........

I was fed up at that point & called them demanding a refund. I did eventually get the refund, but there is not enough time or space here to detail the hell I went through trying to get these clowns to credit my CC.

You guys do what you want, but I bought a Sling Pro the next day & never had one single problem with it......The HAVA is a better deal $ for $ & maybe you'll get lucky & get one that works & stays working, but they'll never get any more of my business.

~John
Old 01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Best way to watch tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Get a Hava platinum - I got mine on sale at amazon for 80 bucks out the door.

http://www.amazon.com/HAVA-Platinum-...PQ7QYSSV1MS8ZA

Slingbox sucks, it's harder to setup and the mobile player costs extra. Have is cheaper and better and I didn't have to touch my router to get it working. The quality is better than a sling. I have owned and used both. Only issues right now are the mobile player won't work in landscape on a touch pro which hopefully they fix soon. Also the remote connection quality needs to be improved. Local is faboulus - but for the price you can't go wrong - mobile player is free
I have been using slingplayer mobile for about 3 years now. DSL connection at home with home line ethernet routing the slingbox to the dsl modem. Works great with a Sprint EVDO connection on the PPC6700, PPc6800 and the Touch Pro. No connection issues. I did keep the firmware on the slingplayer at the first one that supported 16:9 ratios as it seemed to have the best quality/speed. Perhaps thats the problem you ran into. One of the more recent firmware updates appeared to introduce disconnect errors on the device.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Only issues right now are the mobile player won't work in landscape on a touch pro which hopefully they fix soon. Also the remote connection quality needs to be improved. Local is faboulus - but for the price you can't go wrong - mobile player is free
Sounds great....no landscape and the remote connection quality is crap...

Thanks. I'll stick with my Slingbox....
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Very interesting so that Hava works has built in WIFI and seperate tuner so i can watch whatever i want but no dvr right? and horrible customer service? Has anyone had a good experience with their cutomer service?

And sling box more expenisve in every way including 30 bucks for mobile player (which is a rip off) but less features unless i get the HD pro?

What bout orb compared to all these as for quality
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglee View Post
Sounds great....no landscape and the remote connection quality is crap...
LOL!!

Other than that, it kicks butt.............

~John
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What bout orb compared to all these as for quality
Old 01-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

ysweatme is a n00b

[quote=jmorton10;673049]I agree, I have the HD Pro (& that allows me to watch a DIFFERENT channel than the person at home)

So maybe I am one of those people who can't set up Slingbox correctly, cause I have the HD Pro, too. How do you guys have yours set up. I'm sure if I go back and look at it again I'll be able to figure it out, but if I can get a quick answer I'll take one.

I'm actually happy to hear that the HD Pro can do more than one channel at once. I have DirecTV and the way mine is set up right now, it changes the channel on the satellite box when I change the channel on my phone/laptop.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

hd pro has a coax tuner built in but you need to have a coax jack hooked up to it. Basically without getting into all the details, if you have dish you cant watch one channel on sling and one on your tv because dish requires you to have a box to get channels. The tv tuner can run on a cable coax jack without a box giving you basic cable as well as using the component jacks to run your cable box.

As for orb, I literally just uninstalled it on my pc because I got tired of the constant buffering. Im using a 3 mb upload line and a full signal on my phone and it buffers like crazy. Sling never pauses during playback for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software