PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Thanks. So I need to use m'reloc-nk for this particular area?

What about the !!!!!!!!! between the different data regions in nk.exe?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Heres a Titan, not tested but NO OVERLAPS

Titan_21234_xip.rar

Also, here is a Herman (CDMA Touch Pro), not tested, but as soon I get my kitchen ready it will be and I'll update. Again, no overlaps

Herman_21234_xip.rar

Update: Herman tested, it works.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 05-22-2009 at 03:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Thanks. So I need to use m'reloc-nk for this particular area?

What about the !!!!!!!!! between the different data regions in nk.exe?
Thats what MReloc_nk.exe is for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for the help!!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Thanks for the help!!
If you are still stuck, make the xip_out.bin with what you have done so far and psot it, I can try for myself and see what I get.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

If you're having trouble with overlaps in xip, you can do what I used to do when I was being lazy and wanted to port in new drivers to xip..

use xipporterex and feed it the same input and output xip.bin

it relocates everything properly when you smack the port it! button
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
The Pusher

Well this is what I have thus far. I'm still fighting with mreloc_nk.exe. Its taking me a while to get my head around it.

Thank you for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xip_out.zip (1.28 MB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
The Pusher

Da G, sounds nice, do you have a working url? All the links I hit for it are dead.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

Hi, XIPPorterEx is now part of the visual kitchen here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469420

put xip.bin in \tools\xip_old and \tools\xip_new, then run the erviuskitchen.exe, click ok to the various errors of missing folders, click xipporterex, do port it! output xip will be in \tools\xip_bin_ported

that should set you up
Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Well this is what I have thus far. I'm still fighting with mreloc_nk.exe. Its taking me a while to get my head around it.

Thank you for your help.
Try this. Recall though, you may need to add the giisr.dll back in to the mix for this to boot according to inertiax3.

xip_out.rar

Basically you need to move the physical location of NK.exe down further into the NUL space so as not to have the overlap.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software