PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz07 View Post
Hmmm, these are the same ones I already have (same dates).
unfortunately, these will not work with ppckitchen, it forwards wmreloc to tools/temp/dump, even if you change the outputdir to tools it uses tools/temp/temp/dump, so for ppckitchen, your only option is to convert a pile of modules to files, I usually just convert the browsingcore and browsingie modules to files as directed by conflipper, works like a charm. The tool you will need is called recmod.exe, just drag the module folder over, it will reconstruct the file and put it in the folder, then copy it out of the folder to a temp folder, delete the origional module folder, then move the file back in to replace it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl View Post
BEPE released diamond kitchen with full AKU5 support on DarkForcesTeam
for Kaiser its released on XDA by me
its realockating all new modules so no need for wmreloc , .vm , metadata
and its prepared for aku5 nk.exe but that one dont know what device he tested it
sounds interesting... gonna take a look at that if i ever get some time
Old 02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
unfortunately, these will not work with ppckitchen, it forwards wmreloc to tools/temp/dump, even if you change the outputdir to tools it uses tools/temp/temp/dump, so for ppckitchen, your only option is to convert a pile of modules to files, I usually just convert the browsingcore and browsingie modules to files as directed by conflipper, works like a charm. The tool you will need is called recmod.exe, just drag the module folder over, it will reconstruct the file and put it in the folder, then copy it out of the folder to a temp folder, delete the origional module folder, then move the file back in to replace it
I will try that! BTW - I am not using ppckitchen, I am using Calkulin's v1.4 for Touch Pro.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that this whole greloc/wmreloc thing is not working when building a ROM in the setup I have. I am going to try and go back to the original greloc. This will require that I convert some modules as you have suggested.

But when I try I get this sort of error.

> recmod.exe browsingie
Error! Cannot map browsingie\imageinfo.bin

EDIT: Nevermind, I need to do it for all of the .dll module directories and not just the folder containing all of the .dll modules (such as browsingie)

Last edited by onlinespending; 02-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that this whole greloc/wmreloc thing is not working when building a ROM in the setup I have. I am going to try and go back to the original greloc. This will require that I convert some modules as you have suggested.

But when I try I get this sort of error.

> recmod.exe browsingie
Error! Cannot map browsingie\imageinfo.bin

EDIT: Nevermind, I need to do it for all of the .dll module directories and not just the folder containing all of the .dll modules (such as browsingie)
YES!! That did it. I am uploading new versions of BROWSINGCORE and browsingie (will notify when finished). Just replace these in the latest SYS and you should be able to build a ROM by using the original version of G'Reloc. Do not use WMreloc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
YES!! That did it. I am uploading new versions of BROWSINGCORE and browsingie (will notify when finished). Just replace these in the latest SYS and you should be able to build a ROM by using the original version of G'Reloc. Do not use WMreloc.
nice, glad that's out of the way
Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
nice, glad that's out of the way
Very nice, headache subsiding now. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
glad to hear, now is the rom booting? lol
Old 02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BenQ P51 & Elf
Carrier: DTAC

sam7128 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I did that, and original G'reloc is now working as normal. However, new rom does not pass the boot screen
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
glad to hear, now is the rom booting? lol
yes I have a booting ROM. Unfortunately I am having a hard time getting any sort of sustained upload and the thing just times out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software