PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

For those of you who like menu sounds (Events warning, system events) Use the cab below to get them back. Even if you check under sounds and notifications there are no menu sounds. Installing the cab below restores them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fix_WM6_Sounds.CAB.zip (1.5 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
I read that too and I think they where on weed! I have found no such thing.

HAHAH! Actually I replicated what one member said. To hold one finger on the tf3d home tab and with another finger scroll on the top and you able to move to other tabs even thou you have the one finger on the home tab. But I just tried it on my Pro and it does the same thing. So its not multi touch. hate to burst the bubble.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
HAHAH! Actually I replicated what one member said. To hold one finger on the tf3d home tab and with another finger scroll on the top and you able to move to other tabs even thou you have the one finger on the home tab. But I just tried it on my Pro and it does the same thing. So its not multi touch. hate to burst the bubble.
It's not like multi touch is all that. It is nice for zooming in and out on photos and web pages. I rather double tap on the screen to zoom in. Much quicker for me. One finger is easier to use than two... Wait, that what she said.... =P

Just my thoughts,

Mikee
Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
It's not like multi touch is all that. It is nice for zooming in and out on photos and web pages. I rather double tap on the screen to zoom in. Much quicker for me. One finger is easier to use than two... Wait, that what she said.... =P

Just my thoughts,

Mikee
I agree but i just like to have every feature possible. i might use it for games and such
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
I agree but i just like to have every feature possible. i might use it for games and such
Well unless you go to the Touch HD, I find it quite hard to use multi touch on smaller screens even for games. If you have a hardware device with no keyboard, multi touch would be useful. But the lack of real estate on most HTC phones screens, Attempting to play a games for example a nes emulator with onscreen keypad would be brutal. Anyhow we won't be seeing multi touch on 6.5. We will have to wait out for WMO 7.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ya... I doubt we will see multi touch on 6.5. But anyways.... the funs wearing off on 6.5. LOL. Well at least on this alpha stage.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

I have been playing with 6.5 for a bit now and my phone seems to be acting weird. The screen turns on but is funny colors and sometimes shows something distorted or no picture at all is this a problem with 6.5 or is my phone just hosed??? Should I relock and trade it in or is it just a software issue?

Thanks in advance

Afterthought maybe this is some sort of driver issue?? btw I'm using a Sprint TP

Last edited by l33tlinuxh4x0r; 01-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work

if there a list of features out there somewhere that shows why 6.5 is any diff then 6.1 (other then the build number)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Hey .. i just ran this and created the rom and it booted good. PIE is rather nicer and faster. Almost like Opera 9.5 feel to it. But I am a bit confused. I was expecting the honey comb look to it... instead I got tf2d. In the kitchen.. what do I have to check off to give me the honey comb look?

ps.. this is what i ran http://www.mediafire.com/file/moj3zm...n_6.5_Beta.rar
Yeah, the borwser has made it... all the way to 1989! Good Job M/S only 20 more ye... ahh never mind.

But yeah, BIG IMPROVEMENTS!!! Just sad it took them this long ;c(

What honey comb look? I dont understand?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
I have been playing with 6.5 for a bit now and my phone seems to be acting weird. The screen turns on but is funny colors and sometimes shows something distorted or no picture at all is this a problem with 6.5 or is my phone just hosed??? Should I relock and trade it in or is it just a software issue?

Thanks in advance

Afterthought maybe this is some sort of driver issue?? btw I'm using a Sprint TP
Nope seems like video drivers... Did that once to me too...soft reset and try again...

I was trying to bring up phone screen... made the stupid sounds but woudl not do anyting....

On first boot of my custom ROM not form this kitchn it had distored pics... ende up being the thme I was using for Today screen.. Thats just me though. Your exp may be diff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software