PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54678)

xda2_haseeb 06-14-2009 10:11 AM

Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokura (Post 974152)
this is i think first, but i use dpis from 21806, may be there too, btw do you cook for 96dpi device?

yes :D i cook for a 96dpi device, HTC Wizard :D might be old but "OLD IS GOLD"

chump 06-14-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki2beeps (Post 973944)
I tried, the new beta does the same thing, it just does it quicker and the splash screen that comes up before the freeze is much prettier.

to get opera7 to work on kaiser you must have this combination

netcf 2.0
netcf 3.5
htc-ca d3d drivers
neo opengs drivers

use this combo i will bet ya it works :D the problem i am having is with netcf 3.7, if i use it instead of 3.5 then d3d is broken :( am working on a fix for that now will share if i find.

anryl 06-14-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chump (Post 974269)
to get opera7 to work on kaiser you must have this combination

netcf 2.0
netcf 3.5
htc-ca d3d drivers
neo opengs drivers

use this combo i will bet ya it works :D the problem i am having is with netcf 3.7, if i use it instead of 3.5 then d3d is broken :( am working on a fix for that now will share if i find.

i never used HTC-CA and neo opengs cause its not compatible with 102MB RAM hack :twisted: and opera was fine running
but i did have allways netcf2_3.5 :mrgreen:

chump 06-14-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anryl (Post 974402)
i never used HTC-CA and neo opengs cause its not compatible with 102MB RAM hack :twisted: and opera was fine running

i dont use opera, but pisca says that opera 7 will not work in my rom without opengs drivers and htc-ca? at least i did this and they all say opera7 works fine now and didnt before i dunno.

ankit360 06-14-2009 10:21 PM

where is conflipper ? since long time he didn't post :violent2:

pyrorob 06-14-2009 11:04 PM

thought i should mention this since it might help anyone else whos having problems cooking a rom for the kaiser..
on certain sys dumps, after cooking, the ppc wouldnt boot up and after discussing it with da_g he informed me that, wm6.5 has a new type of nk.exe and that it offers much more vm space for moduled system files (+65 megs) and that there is no 6.5 nk.exe for the kaiser, only, 6.1. that being, when you have too many files moduled in the sys there is only a limited amount of space available in the 6.1 nk vm space, you have to de-module them so they fit in the vm and that it applies to all kitchens, because of a lack of a 6.5 nk.exe

what fixed it for me was removing a couple of unused packages (widgets, skymart, onenote,etc.) and de-moduling the adobe flash packages (i was about 8 megs over the max 6.1 vm space).

hope i dont look like a fool and am telling everyone something they already know](*,)

nikki2beeps 06-14-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anryl (Post 974402)

Was netCF 3.5 included in the base of your roms or as an add on. I DL'd your kitchen and out of curiosity loaded up your 21725 rom to see if opera9.7 would load and he was right it didnt. regardless I loaded up an older version of opera which is working fine with your rom but if 3.5 is not included in the base of your rom then missing netCF 3.5 is not the problem.

pyrorob 06-14-2009 11:27 PM

regarding opera 9.7, with 21812 im using netcf 3.7 with htc ca drivers and the open vg drivers and opera doesnt load. in 21806 it did..:scratch:
i think there might be a reg setting in the sys thats fudging it up <---Scratch that

i doubled check to see what graphic driver i was using and it turned out to be the htc ti driver and not the ca one :o now opera works great.
so ya might wana check that on your phone too

dan-htc-touch 06-14-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrorob (Post 975362)
regarding opera 9.7, with 21812 im using netcf 3.7 with htc ca drivers and the open vg drivers and opera doesnt load. in 21806 it did..:scratch:
i think there might be a reg setting in the sys thats fudging it up <---Scratch that

i doubled check to see what graphic driver i was using and it turned out to be the htc ti driver and not the ca one :o now opera works great.
so ya might wana check that on your phone too

hey, mind linking to that driver? I'm also a failing kaiser cook, maybee even a little lazy, free thanks in it for a link though, if not I'll search myself :)

turns out I'm not as lazy as I let on http://www.htcclassaction.org/driverprogress.php

ok, installed the htc-ca cab, still no love, and apps seem to crash sooner, they make mention of a dependancy on ddi.dll, mind sharing a copy of your ddi.dll?

MassStash 06-15-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xda2_haseeb (Post 974110)
This is the pure 21812 SYS with XIP, it has DPI_96 files and LANG_0409 all from Build 21812 all the THNX to Da_G

http://rapidshare.com/files/24437581...54913-d0b3a24b
Provided by XDA2_Haseebâ„¢

paranoid with this newKernel thingy: i need to use the xip files to get my titan xip for ervius right? is this the "new" xip folder if im using XipporterEx???