PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Windows) Live Search Upgrade Sucks! Don't Download it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Ok, downloaded and checked a forth time and it appears you are correct. If the cities are in the included list of cities, it will find the city and change your location accordingly. Still seems strange it could find ALL cities in previous versions.
Correct. I am not saying the program isn't without flaws, I am just saying that for me and the way I use it and the city I search with does in fact work correctly. The "functions" are working but the "database" may be lacking..if that helps any. Is that a problem, yes I believe so. But for all intensive purposes, the program "works for me".

Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

I'm still unhappy about the buggy autosuggest. That would be a great feature if it worked properly. Two days before this upgrade came out I was just thinking, why doesn't this save your search history...
Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
The "functions" are working but the "database" may be lacking..if that helps any. Is that a problem, yes I believe so..
Of course it is, it is a HUGE problem for anybody looking for a city that was always there before & has now ceased to exist. To say the functtion works correctly is semantics (tell that to somebody whoes city disappeared from the database), it's certainly NOT working correctly if it can't find your city but it could two weeks ago before the "upgrade"

~John
Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
I guess my copy just hasn't notified me to update yet...
Mine didn't prompt me to upgrade either but the "Client Update Available" wasn't grayed out like usual. I went ahead and upgraded. I don't like that I can't switch Location from the home screen. Locate Me says it doesn't work but it does give me my current location. Other than that it seems to be working just fine.

By the way I have the previous cab. If anyone wants me to post it let me know.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

ugabuga is just getting started

I'd like the older cab. Thx in advance
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
I'd like the older cab. Thx in advance

Here it is. Dates on these files are 8/22/08
Attached Files
File Type: cab LiveSearchWM6.CAB (934.9 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sanmanc; 01-23-2009 at 12:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software