PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Windows) Live Search Upgrade Sucks! Don't Download it!!

I'm not experiencing the auto search problems of the OP but when using the birds eye view and track me using gps, the little arrow that represents me is way off. But if I switch back to the basic map view its all good.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900-vogue
Carrier: Verizon

shaneo13 is just getting started

If you look in the sub-menu there will be a little globe or a file cabinet by the suggestion. If you click on one of the suggestions with a globe. It will take you to your browser. The file cabinet gives you the normal search answers.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Why cant I upgrade, on my 6800 it just installs the new version, and leaves the old version on my phone... and the old version doesnt have an uninstall?? and clue how to get the old version off of my phone..??
Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
Why cant I upgrade, on my 6800 it just installs the new version, and leaves the old version on my phone... and the old version doesnt have an uninstall?? and clue how to get the old version off of my phone..??
Is live search visible from "Remove Programs" in settings? It is on the TP, if so remove it from there then from IE browse to wls.live.com and that SHOULD be the latest version available for your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I'm not experiencing the auto search problems of the OP but when using the birds eye view and track me using gps, the little arrow that represents me is way off. But if I switch back to the basic map view its all good.
I'll reinstall and see if it was just a fluke thing on my end...
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i love windows live search. i just updated, theres nothing wrong with it.

my only wish was to be able to have live search left on in the background without quitting. i dont know if its my crap q9c or the software itself, but well see.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

I unintalled because birds eye view was kinda silly, the autocomplete feature doesnt work well with the onscreen keyboard, but mostly because there appears to be a bug in the city search. If you click on change location and type in a city, state it doesnt find the city. example: lets say your location is set to los angeles, ca. If you hit change location, and type reseda, ca in the search box, it will search for "reseda" near los angeles. It appears to have it signals crossed and instaed of looking up a city, its searching for business names in your current location. Try it out....... the older version works like its supposed to.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
I unintalled because birds eye view was kinda silly, the autocomplete feature doesnt work well with the onscreen keyboard, but mostly because there appears to be a bug in the city search. If you click on change location and type in a city, state it doesnt find the city. example: lets say your location is set to los angeles, ca. If you hit change location, and type reseda, ca in the search box, it will search for "reseda" near los angeles. It appears to have it signals crossed and instaed of looking up a city, its searching for business names in your current location. Try it out....... the older version works like its supposed to.
Well, when you click change location, you are given choices, current GPS, Recent, Point on map, Contacts and List of cities. I don't believe the search box is/was intended for the purpose you are trying to use it for. Your city isn't listed in the list of cities so I would suggest you click "Current GPS".

Last edited by aceracer24; 01-20-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
I'll reinstall and see if it was just a fluke thing on my end...
Well, if it was a fluke, I was able to repeat it. It is still giving me grief with autosuggest and having to reselect the search box after each letter. I have turned it off and I can input a whole word now...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

noisehr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Well, when you click change location, you are given choices, current GPS, Recent, Point on map, Contacts and List of cities. I don't believe the search box is/was intended for the purpose you are trying to use it for. Your city isn't listed in the list of cities so I would suggest you click "Current GPS".
I have the same problem, but if I select a contact for a destination, it doesn't locate the destinatino correctly, but instead does a search for that address near me. How would I enter a destination address if I cannot put it into the search bar?

Last edited by noisehr; 01-20-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
In all other versions of livesearch the search box on the change location screen was to "search" for cites or direct addresses. The way I found it didn't work was because I was at home(canoga park, ca.) and I wanted to search for somewhere to eat near a city I was driving to(reseda, ca.). I couldnt remember the zipcode of Reseda and put in the address, city, and state. It said not found. Definitely a bug, the previous version worked perfectly. I reinstalled and all is good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software