PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone tried SPB Weather 2.0?

Looks cool, runs smooth on my Sprint Touch, even has a little Globe that you can spin around!

http://beta.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pro.../download.html

I noticed that when in Globe mode, it doesn't seem to want to update, anyone else have problems with that?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Has anyone tried SPB Weather 2.0?

OMG, I cant believe my eyes. SPB finally updated there weather app. Trying it now....

Edit: Tried it out, Not bad. Global view thing is cool. Replaces the weather in mobile shell. Still does not show "current temperature" on the today plugin or mobile shell now screen "long sigh". Does show current temperature on the weather screen so at least i can find it. One annoying thing is you have click the X button to close the weather page when you access it thru the mobile shell now screen. There is no arrow or gesture that gets you out of the program. Overall better than previous version.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 01-16-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

How about the Globe view....do you see clouds, or preciptitation, or temperature views? All I see is the globe and I can turn the night shadow on and off, but that's it. It keeps saying "never updated" when I select the 3 other views.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

May be it is a different Globe...lol, but it is included in spb traveler, I find that to be a better combo with many extra tools. I suggest u try that since u will get all the weather stuff included. Right click on options and Replacethe weather tab with spb weather in order for it to be incorporated with spb mobile shell if u are using it....
Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Not using Mobile Shell, never liked it. I use Manila 2d. Maybe that's the limitation for the trial version? Very weird!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

possibly, try traveler and use its weather..
Old 01-17-2009, 05:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

mikeo1313 is just getting started

FYI the old version of traveler had a single screen where you'd be able to see 5 day weather forecasts of places around the globe... and in the new version this feature is gone..
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM 6.1

slepewoker is becoming a great contributor

I have Weather Watcher, SBSH Weather, and SPB Weather 2.0.1. SPB updates fast, has a variery of sources that you can draw data from (u can add from external sources), and its UI is nice. I don't use the today screen so no prob for me. If SBSH did not take so long to update, I would say it is the best of the 3. If I could choose, I wouldn't have all of them.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

mikeo1313 is just getting started

if pocketweather doesn't obligate you to have to use the program as a today plugin like my version of spb weather does then its definitely my next buy.... after seeing this screenshot on their page... very useful to see multiple cities forecast. without multiple flipping or updating

so tell me, do you have to use the sbsh weather as a today plugin to access the program..

thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I can't believe it doesn't show a moon instead of a sun at night time... oh well, I am definitely not spending 20 bucks on this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software