PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 03:54 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
WoWs Vibrate App & Profile BETA 8 w Today Plug *UPDATE 7

release notes:

BETA 2:
--Fixed the sound tab unchecking problem (thanks jimmyz)
--Added Vibrate Custom ---

BETA3:
--Fixed the ScriptIcons.dll (thanks hannip)
--Added a new version (Wides Edition) includeds no popup message

BETA4:
--Added Today Plugin Option (Screen Shot Below)

BETA5:
--Added Silent Option to Today Plugin ONLY! (does NOT effect hard key)

BETA5.1
--Fix to Silent Option

BETA6
--Fix icon in title bar

BETA7
--Fix Problem with Today Screen Silent

BETA8
--TOTAL REVAMP!!!
--Title bar icon working
--Now Remembers previous settings of volume before you switched to silent or vibrate!
--Wide Edition is now the ONLY edition

Profiler BETA 1
--added CAB
--added Manual Filesfor personal customization

================================

THANKS!

HANNIP for ScriptIcons.dll

I MACOKEMAN, WIDEAWAKE, LetsGoFlyers(6800) and tech777
for testing!

Zbop and Hannip for help with today plugin

Wide again for testing

================================

BACKGROUND

Since i came from the Treo 700wx that includes the beloved vibrate switch at the top that i cannot live without i spent today writing a script that can be assigned to a hard button.

=================================

INSTALLATION

Tested SUCCESSFULLY with 6700, 6800 and treo 700wx

Copy the Cab file to your phone

click it.

after install

SoftReset after install

Enjoy
===============

FUNCTIONS

Vibrate Cab
--Acts as a Treo Vibrate switch, one touch turns on vibrate, push it again and turn sounds back on. Now includes a Today Plugin, tap for menu click your Volume of choice, if volume selected is already set, nothing happens.

Prolifer Cab
--A Graphic User Interface(GUI) allows user to change the ringer and system with preset options as well as a custom option

========================
NOTES

--Working on Plug in Feature

===============

SCREENSHOTS

here are a few screens of what vibrate with options looks like... vibrate has no screens bc it is just a hard button call

Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Cool idea wow! I do use the switch on my 700wx from time to time. Once I finish getting my 6800 the way I want it I will check this script out.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Lurker

runandhide21 is a n00b
wowthatisrandom

that app looks pretty DAF...i'm gonna check it out on my 6700

-run
Old 06-25-2007, 02:23 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yikes! You really went all out with a UI and everything... Nice!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
What a great app- works great. One thng I noticed is that the volume display on the top bar does not change- i.e. even though the phone is switched to vibrate the volume icon still shows sound.
-Also can you write a vibrate toggle that switchs between vibrate and full ringer/half sound?-EDIT - I figured this out- edited line 29 to set the volume to 125
thanks again!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz
What a great app- works great. One thng I noticed is that the volume display on the top bar does not change- i.e. even though the phone is switched to vibrate the volume icon still shows sound.
-Also can you write a vibrate toggle that switchs between vibrate and full ringer/half sound?-EDIT - I figured this out- edited line 29 to set the volume to 125
thanks again!
haha its funny that u say u wanted half volume i use those settings too if this becomes a more common request i can change it for good... also im working on figuring out how to change the icons in the top bar as i do not believe it is as simple as a reg edit... thanks for the input!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Lurker

kintoro is a n00b
This is a smokin app and exactly what an ex-treo user needed! Thanks for putting the time and making it available!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
One other thing-
Occasionaly the box for enable sounds for events and programs (under sounds and notifications settings) gets unchecked when running the vibrate toggle- any idea why this happens?- it would be nice for the phone to still vibrate for reminders, events etc
thanks jz
EDIT- mabye I fixed this by removing this line?
Code:
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "Mute", 0 )
EDIT- one last thing- the toggle switches my ringtone back to the default one that came with the phone- how do I specify my personalized ringtone?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz
One other thing-
Occasionaly the box for enable sounds for events and programs (under sounds and notifications settings) gets unchecked when running the vibrate toggle- any idea why this happens?- it would be nice for the phone to still vibrate for reminders, events etc
thanks jz
EDIT- mabye I fixed this by removing this line?
Code:
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "Mute", 0 )
EDIT- one last thing- the toggle switches my ringtone back to the default one that came with the phone- how do I specify my personalized ringtone?
weird neither of those things r happening with my phone... anyone else having these problems? what phone are you running? ill see if i can figure out which line might be causing that... that line you took out shoudl be reset when u reactive the volue with the like that changes mute back to 7...
Old 06-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm running on a 6800
thanks jz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software