PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

OldIronToe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS

I hope I posted this in the right place. I just found you guys and I noticed that there are some pretty smart cookies on here, so I am hoping someone can help me. I have a ppc6700 and my service provider is Alltel. My ppc didn't come bundled with an MMS so I can't send or receive pictures through text messages. I know, I know, I can send them through email, but I want to be able to send them to my wife's phone when I am away from home. I have an unlimited data plan and also pay an extra fee to send all the text and picture messages that I want. I just can't send any picture messages due to my phone inability. I was told by alltel that there wasn't a solution. Is there anyway to make this possible. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yea it possible all u have to know is the mms server address and gateway which u may be able to get from another alltel phone. I'm not sure tho. but if u can get ur hands on that info then u "should" technically be able to do it exactly like us sprint folks.
~mike

Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

OldIronToe is a n00b
Thanks for the info Mike. If I can get my hand on that info will you be able to tell me what to do with it?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
of course....and if u don't have any luck I can see if I can't get the info for u, but I don't know anyone with alltel so I would have to sweet talk alltel out of tha info. no problem by the way.
~mike
Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
yeah, if they give you any trouble or dont know it I go punch some dude in the face knowckin him of this little tall chair at the store and tell him "what's the server name you punk, my buddy needs it!!!"

hehhe, ok, maybenot, maybe i'll enjoy flirting witha girl better

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 12-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JustinY17 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to JustinY17
has anyone got these yet? i've flirted, yelled, screamed, begged and borrowed, but i cant find a way to get the server info
Old 12-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Lurker

oxbrother is a n00b
if somebody did work for alltel how would that somebody go about getting this information?!?! i would like to know how to do this as well.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Lurker

playerscue72 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playerscue72
pp6700

from what know....you can use the CAB file and setting found on a verizon one and use that too. Alltel isn't the only one.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Founder & Owner

nall see that's the thing is we have the program, its posted here which is setup for sprint. But we cannot get the correct alltel mms server settings to get this working for alltel users as of now. Noone seems to be able to get the settings.
~Mike
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Lurker

oxbrother is a n00b
again, if someone can tell me how an alltel employee can get this info I can help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software