PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using UPX4PPC but problems now....

I successfully downloaded UPX4PPC from the ftp and have used it off and on with no problems for about a week. Last night I decided I sould compress some of my .dll files. I did so on almost all that I could find in my directory. Now, I have had issues bringing up IE to the point it is timing out on me. I noticed it first when Weather Panel was having trouble updating this morning but I was able to get that to go through....then the bigger problem began. I know I should have backed up my data prior to all of this and I should not have tried to do so many at once....but I was saving so much space I got ahead of myself. Anyone know which .dll files I should go back and decompress? I hate to restore because I will loose about 3 days worth of tinkering and for me that is alot.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yeah you have to be careful with UPX4PPC, I'd first recommend downloading the latest version from here:

http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=UPX4PPC&platform=ppc

Although you may want to do it after decomprssing your files.

I don't know which ones affect PIE. And I know there's a specific one for WP that cannot be UPX'd but can't remember which one... if you run a search you'll find it, I remember it was posted by Malatesta.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2sa is a n00b
update: I just about have things back to normal...I do still have minor issues with WeatherPanel...specifically with a couple of icon sets that will not load up correctly...I have searched this forum and treocentral and have not found a answer. I have also decompressed all .exe and.dll files I could find in WP...I might just reinstall those icon sets but I am not sure if that will totally fix my problem....If anyone has had this happen before and has a magic answer it would save me a lot of trouble and would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yikes I can't find it... I think it was WPRes.DLL and GifDecoder.exe, ins't there also a WP DLL under the Windows directory?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2sa is a n00b
update: I have really screwed things up now...Last night I decided to reinstall that icon set for WP. Seemed to go well but I started getting memory warnings. Long story short I removed some things to make some space and screwed up. My last Sprite b/u was yesterday but it is not restoring like it should.....All of my program files say they are not signed with a trusted certificate. None of my cabs work and I have tried add/remove programs and a hard reset then restore from Sprite. Quite discouraged at the moment as not even Resco will work. Really not sure how to fix this problem...another hard reset then try to manually add it all back one at a time? feel like a real idoit.LOL..I think I answered the question that is in my sig.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2sa is a n00b
Finally got it fixed...found this on treocentral and thought I would share in case someone else found this thread via search in the future... I restored using a file that was older than the time I installed this software. I will be more careful in the future.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...sprite+problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software